>> Postings for June 2011
Thu, 02 Jun 2011
Kare Not many people have heard of Susan Kare but we all see her work every day, as she designed many of the interface elements, fonts and icons of the early Macintosh, some of which survive to this day.
See the little icon on your keyboard’s Command (Apple) key. Kare took that design from a Swedish icon for a campsite, and made it the longest-lasting icon in Apple history. Her Chicago font (see headline) was used as the interface font before Mac OS X, and continued use in the first four generations of iPod interface.
Simon Jary | Read more...
- The Mac that time forgot
- Can Microsoft kill the iPhone?
- Apple's bad cable manners
- Stephen Wildstrom - Microsoft's Surface is great news for us all
- Trending: Name your children after Apple products
Entries by month
It's easy and free to get the latest news headlines, reviews and opinions straight to your email inbox. Sign up NOW to make sure you receive the latest Mac news, reviews and tutorials on your favourite topics.
Latest issue: Macworld
Macworld reader poll
Which Apple product are you hoping to get for Christmas?:
Have your say in the
Have the latest content delivered to your desktop via RSS. Use the links below to get access to a specific blog, news, or reviews feed.
Latest news from Digital Arts
- B-Reel creates community library projects to promote The Book Thief
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug locations recreated for world's largest pop-up book
- Dell unveils 24-inch and 32-inch UltraHD 4K monitors
- In 2014, brands will need to be digital first – and we need to help them change
- New Creative Commons 4.0 licence gives users more flexibility
Sphero is a completely new type of gaming system.
Beat the Credit Crunch - Lease your Mac from Hardsoft