- Smartphone photo tips for the holidays
'Tis the season for photos of holiday feasts, opening presents, and lots and lots of lights.
- Who bought the red Mac Pro and gold EarPods from Jony Ive's auction? 'Father of the iPod' Tony...
Jony Ive's red Mac Pro, gold Earpods & one-off Leica camera helped raise £8m for (RED) charity
- President Lincoln makes cameo in Apple Samsung court battle
A US District Court judge invokes some of Lincoln's wise words in a plea for compromise
- Enterprise mobility well established in A/NZ: Good Technology
- Apple adds ABC, KOR-TV, and Bloomberg to Apple TV lineup
- Tablets remain tops in American gift-buying plans
But purchase tension between tablets and notebooks hints at 2-in-1 devices' chances
- Will Apple launch a TV in 2014? We assess the rumours and make our Apple predictions for 2014
Will 2014 be the year the iTV makes an appearance?
- Troubleshoot Apple's Touch ID fingerprint reader
- Stun-gun-equipped iPhone case looks to generate more than a buzz
- Using Drummer in Garageband 10
Bring a bit of rhythmic sparkle to your tracks
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
With its wide range of music, photo, audio, and video products – Apple is at the heart of our increasingly digitally connected lifestyle. From the iTunes Store to the Apple TV, through to the way the iPhone and iPad integrate with our lives. Apple is at the heart of the digital lifestyle.
The Macalope always warns that he's not qualified to give investment advice, but having read the rationales used by those who have no such compunctions he's beginning to wonder if he isn't being too hard on himself.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 review - could mark the point where the DSLR ends up in the back of the cupboard
Panasonic’s smallest-ever compact system camera is the size of a playing card
- Nikon AW1 review - Nikon's most fully realised compact system camera of the past three years
- SomaFM Radio Player for iPhone, iPad review - Cool, eclectic, essential listening
- TuneIn Radio Pro for iPhone, iPad review - radio, podcasts from around the world
- Radioplayer for iPhone, iPad review - the official UK Radio app backed by the BBC
- Bloom.fm for iPhone, iPad review - Access to themed radio stations, ability to discover new music, borrow tracks
- LaCie Blade Runner review - eye-catching, limited-edition, design
- Epson Expression Home XP-412 review - Lots of features in a very compact design
- TuneUp 3.0.6 review - Bring order to your iTunes library
- Epson Expression Premium XP-610 review - Impressive feature set for home users
- HP OfficeJet 7610 review - Versatile A3/A4 multi-function printer that supports AirPrint
Into Mac gaming? Here are the 43 best Mac games out there, from strategy titles and sports sims to RPGs and puzzles, together with reviews and links to buy.
- Advertorial: Editor's Desk
- Advertorial: Just Mobile - Design for Life
- How to emulate the BBC Micro on your Mac
- What are the best alternatives to Instagram?
- Macworld Feature: How to watch the London 2012 Olympic Games online
- Macworld Feature: Kickstarter Spotlight - iPhone camera kit, heart rate monitor, and iPhone keyboard
- Advertisement: Make the most of your photos with new Kodak apps
- Advertorial: Getting ahead with language learning that works, without the hard work
- Macworld Help: Display iTunes tracks in the Mac OS X Dock
- Macworld Masterclass: Employing social media