Mac industry views and opinions

It's free to , to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: Are you considering switching from iOS to Android?

Posted 21 Mar 13

Now that Samsung has unveiled its Galaxy S4, we want to know whether you're considering switching from Apple's iOS to Android.

Will you be getting an S4?

Are you planning to wait for the reviews of the S4 before making your decision?

Are you happy sticking with Apple's iOS? Or perhaps you're intending to wait for the next iPhone.

Let us know your thoughts here.
VeryJaded replied…

Posted 21 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,

No. :)
BULLEID34081 replied…

Posted 21 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,
Not interested at all in anything Android so iOS for me for the foreseeable future.
alanaha replied…

Posted 22 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,
To be honest, if I wanted to move away from iOS I'd probably look at Windows before Android. It is at least different as opposed to a blatant ripoff. That said my next phone will continue to be an iPhone.
fonejacker replied…

Posted 22 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,
No. For a number of reasons. I struggle to find accessories like blood pressure monitors available for Android. There are thousands of other accessories for iOS. I tried Android but hated it, because I couldn't use it. Got frustrated with Android within minutes, despite being a copy of iOS, probably got to used to iOS. Hate the tiles on Windows Phones. But I do like the new Blackberry OS, in fact if I did have to buy another phone, I would love the new HTC with the Blackberry OS. But then again, problems like apps, games, music, accessories etc, makes me go back to Apple. I believe Android users really only use it for making phone calls and texts, as their internet use is small, very small considering it's meant to have a bigger market share. Hardly using smartphones for what they where designed to do, apart from making calls and texts.
nom replied…

Posted 23 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,

Certainly not.

Why do you ask?
AlanAudio replied…

Posted 23 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,

my partner has had two Android phones in the last few years ( one that she was offered very cheaply and the other was a gift from a family member ) and she hated them for all sorts of reasons. She ended up buying a £15 very basic Nokia 100, which only does texting and calls.

Needless to say, she's very keen that I should get a new iPhone because she can then have my old iPhone. There's no way that I could imagine switching to Android. IOS integrates very well with my Macs.

Android phones only integrate with Google and I've had massive problems with a Google account being shut down for 'security' reasons, but Google do not answer any of my e-mails about it and the account can no longer be accessed. If the information associated with that account had been important, I would have been totally screwed.
alanaha replied…

Posted 25 Mar 13

Ashleigh Allsopp,
Just taken delivery of a 4S. Still better than the competition in my eyes.
Gleddit replied…

Posted 7 Jan 14

Ashleigh Allsopp,
How about MUCH BETTER BATTERY LIFE!?
ANd fewer flaming updates?
AlanAudio replied…

Posted 7 Jan 14

Ashleigh Allsopp,

my partner's company has issued senior staff with Android smartphones as replacements for their Blackberry phones. They have proved to be very unpopular and they don't seem to be anywhere near as reliable or durable as iPhones or Blackerries.

My partner now uses her old iPhone as her main phone, but needs the Android as well so that she can access the corporate mail service while away from the office.
BULLEID34081 replied…

Posted 23 Jan 14

Not in the slightest. Two Apple laptops, Powermac, iPAd mini and two iPhones in my household so why would we want to introduce an alien OS in the shape of an Andriod device?

Market Place

Synology

Synology is dedicated to taking full advantage of the latest technologies to bring businesses and home users reliable and affordable ways to centralise data storage, simplify data backup, share and sync files across different platforms, and access data on-the-go. Synology delivers products with forward-thinking features and the high quality technical support.

row.get(

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

row.get(

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

row.get(

Twitter - not news

row.get(

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message