You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages
The most frequently asked questions answered in one place!
Got a problem with your Mac, or just need some helpful product advice? The Macworld Forums are the place to hang out for genuine community support from your fellow users and the profoundly expert Macworld regulars.
A lot of people ask the same questions, so it's always worth searching the relevant Forum before posting your question. There's a good chance the answer is already there waiting for you.
To speed matters up even more, we've collected a bunch of the most frequently asked questions and hot tips in one place.
Check to see if your question is answered here before searching the Forums, and finally posting a new topic.
- Spinning beach-ball cursor & Out of Memory messages?
- If your Mac slows down or crashes?
- Application not starting/acting strange? Trash the Prefs file?
- Does OS X need maintenance tasks, such as defragging?
- Grey screen with message in several languages - Kernel Panics?
- Using your Mac as a FireWire drive - Target Mode
- Booting from other than Internal System Disk?
- Re-installing accidentally deleted system Apps?
- My Mac's FireWire ports suddenly stopped working?
- Should I upgrade to latest Mac OS X updates immediately?
NEW TO MAC
- Does Apple offer tips for Switchers?
- The Mac's unusual symbols and exotic characters?
- Setting up Apple's Mail with your ISP
- How can I capture a screenshot of my Mac's Desktop?