You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages
Macworld Forum tips - PLEASE READ!
Welcome to the Macworld forums! We hope you find the Forums to be a great resource for answering questions, solving problems, and learning more about your Mac, as well as socializing with other Macintosh users.
Before you dive into the forums and start posting messages, please take the time to read these forum tips:
1. Please take a moment to review the Macworld Forum House Rules about Forum etiquette and best practise. Please do not cross post (ie, post the same message in multiple forums). You're more likely to get a good response and answers to your problems if you post in the correct forum.
2. Please pay close attention to the forum you select when starting a new topic. There are currently three forums:
* Mac Help & Tips forum: Got a problem? Stuck? Whether you're an expert or a novice, this is the place to get your tips
* Mac industry views and opinions: A place to talk about Mac technology, industry trends and general technology.
* MacVideo Discussion Forum A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.
3. There's a very good chance your question has been asked and answered before (perhaps even multiple times), or that the same topic has already been started. Before posting a question and/or starting a new topic, please take the time to use the Macworld Search Engine. The forum archives are an incredible resource full of great information that will save you time.
4. If you cannot find an answer to your technical question in the archives, please provide all the pertinent details when posting your question. Providing details such as the following will greatly increase the chances you will get a quick and accurate reply:
* Mac model (Power Mac, iMac, PowerBook, etc)
* Processor type and speed
* Operating system and release level (eg. Mac OS X 10.3.3
* Amount of RAM (memory
* Software or hardware version details, where relevan
* Other system details, such as non-Apple upgrades.
5. When posting a new topic, please provide an accurate and descriptive subject line. This will help your question be answered as quickly as possible. Don't just use a title like 'Help needed!!!'.