Help, there’s no sound coming from my Mac is a cry we often hear. Although Apple Macs are reliable computers, sometimes something just goes wrong. If your Mac is quiet, then following these steps help you unmute a silent Mac.
Here are the things you should check if there is no sound coming from your Mac. First make sure your Mac is making some noise so you can test the audio. Open iTunes, click on Songs and select the first track in your music collection. Press Play and double check that it’s playing (You should see the iTunes music bar progressing).
Now you’re ready to start checking different option on your Mac.
- 2013 MacBook Air users having difficulty with unstable volume settings
1. Turn the volume up
It may be that your Mac has the volume turned down. so the first thing you should do is press the Volume Up button, located on the F11 key in the top-right of the keyboard. As you tap this an overlay should appear. If this doesn’t work then try clicking on the Volume option in the Menu bar (top right of the Finder) and moving the volume slider up.
2. Check for earphones
Take a look at your earphone socket and make sure there are no earphones or external speakers are connected to the Mac. If they are remove them. If you are using external speakers try connecting them to another device, such as an iPod touch or iPhone.
3. Check System Preferences
Open System Preferences and click Sound. Click the Output tab and click on Internal Speakers.
In System Preferences check that Mute next to Output Volume is not muted (there should be no tick in the checkbox). Make sure that the Output Volume slider is moved to the right.
4. Reset the PRAM
Restart the Mac while holding down Command, Option, P, and R. Keep holding them down until the computer starts and chimes. Keep them held down until it chimes again, now release the keys.
5. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC)
Now try resetting the System Management Controller. Follow these steps for an iMac or Mac mini.
- Shut down the computer.
- Unplug the computer's power cord.
- Wait fifteen seconds.
- Attach the computer's power cord.
- Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.
Follow these steps to reset the SMC on a Macbook:
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
More information on resetting the SMC is available on the Apple Support Website
If none of these solve the problem then consider taking the Mac back to the Apple Store and getting the hardware checked out.