- Proximity tech takes off via Apple's iBeacon and Qualcomm's Gimbal
Retailers, sports teams and transit providers can use tech to get ads, directions, sale information and other info to in-venue customers
- China Mobile denies Apple deal but puts iPhone 5s preorder ad on its website
A new report from the Wall Street Journal claims Apple and China Mobile have at last struck a deal, giving Apple access to the operator's 740 million subscribers
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
Shoppers could start receiving notifications as they walk past the latest iPhones
- iPhone 6 release date, rumours and leaked images - sapphire display expected
When is the new iPhone 6 coming out? Will it be curved, or come with a bigger screen? We round-up the speculation
- iPad vs PlayStation 4 for games; PS4 vs iPad comparison and buying advice
Should you buy an iPad or PlayStation 4? We compare the PS4 and iPad
- How to use Burst Mode on iPhone 5s
Take 10 photos per second with iPhone 5s Burst Mode feature
- Alternatives to Safari: The best web browser apps for iPad and iPhone
Which is the best iPhone web browser app? And is it worth replacing Safari?
- How to use Slo-Mo in iPhone 5s: make slow-motion videos on iPhone
Find out how to take slow-motion video on iPhone, and how to share Slo-Mo videos with friends
- Apple reveals 74% of iOS devices are now running iOS 7
Apple has highlighted the impressive adoption rate of iOS 7 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- What to do if your iPhone 5s fingerprint sensor isn't working
How to fix Touch ID fingerprint sensor on iPhone 5s
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
Apple’s 'magical' touchscreen devices have revolutionised the mobile phone and home PC market. Putting the power of the Internet in your hand, and adding to it a breath-taking number of 'apps'.
Why are your family members' contacts showing up in your iPhone or iPad? How can you stop contacts from syncing across devices? Here, we show you how to stop your contacts from showing up on other iOS devices.
Attach this dongle to your key or bag and keep track of it
- Focusrite iTrack Solo review - Does the one thing you ask of any recording device
- Find My Friends for iOS 7 review - track the location of friends and family with Apple's updated app
- HipKey review - Stop forgetting your keys & losing your iPhone
- iPad Air vs iPad 2 comparison review: Which iPad should you buy?
- iPad mini vs Tesco Hudl comparison review: Revenge of the bargain tablet
- iPhone 5s vs Nexus 5 smartphone comparison review - the best phone against a great deal
- iPad Air review: Sleek, fast and almost comically lightweight (Video Review)
- Nexus 5 vs iPhone 5c smartphone comparison review - how does Apple's cheaper iPhone compare?
- iPad mini 2 hands on review: Gorgeous Retina display, but is it just a smaller iPad Air?
- VSCO Cam for iPhone, iPad review - Essential, evocative, creative tools for iPhone users
We've collected the 69 most essential, must-play games for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, now including free games. With reviews and download links, read on for the 69 best games ever released for iOS.
- How to set up iCloud
- How to sync your iPhone with iTunes wirelessly
- How to set up your iPhone
- What's inside the iPhone 5
- Tips and tricks for iPhoto for iOS
- How to take notes using CaptureNotes 2
- How to live in the past with Timehop
- How to integrate iPhoto for iOS into your Mac workflow
- Advertorial: Accessories for Travel from Just Mobile
- How to edit photos on the iPad using Snapseed