- Apple iOS 7 to feature deep LinkedIn integration?
Code references in iOS 7 beta show Apple is testing LinkedIn integration and single sign-in
- Office Mobile for iPhone alternatives: Microsoft's new app enters an already-crowded field
Microsoft released its first iOS version of Office on Friday. The problem with Microsoft's approach to Office for the iPhone is that a diverse range of alternative iOS apps and suites already exists
- Tablet downsizing trend to quicken in second half of 2013
Flip-flop from larger to smaller screen sizes will pick up speed as everyone jumps into Apple's 8-in. market, hoping for larger profit margins
- Apple is playing it safe with iOS 7, and other myths
Where's the innovation, ask the critics - but Apple-style innovation takes time
- Apple iOS 7: Why I'll miss skeuomorphism
Apple's iOS 7 promises an end to 'fake' 3D design - but is that a good thing?
- Steve Jobs paperback biography due out this September
The paperback version of Jobs' biography will be out this September
- Photo of 'Made for iPhone' gaming controller leaked online
Leaked image shows what is claimed to be an Apple-certified iPhone 5 gaming controller from Logitech
- iOS is platform of choice for online shoppers, says Forrester
A new survey finds that iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users are 30 per cent more likely to make purchases than Android users
- Another new iOS 7 feature: video zooming
Apple iOS 7 finally lets you zoom into videos while shooting
- Latest iPhone 6 concept design inspired by Apple iOS 7 debut
A creative designer has come up with a concept of what iPhone 6 might look like with the new iOS 7 software
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
Apple’s 'magical' touchscreen devices have revolutionised the mobile phone and home PC market. Putting the power of the Internet in your hand, and adding to it a breath-taking number of 'apps'.
We round up the best cases for Apple's iPhone 5 in our regularly updated article
By now, you've no doubt heard that Microsoft Office Mobile for iPhone is now available for iPhone. (Yup, you read that right: It's iPhone-only.) The question is: Should you care?
- Apple iOS 7 for iPhone and iPad preview & first impressions
- Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic review: classic BioWare RPG comes to the iPad
- Tech21 Impact Shield review: protect your iPhone screen from scratches
- Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard Folio for iPad review: intelligent fabric executive keyboard case with smart features
- Kumo Lumo review - cute little iOS game
- Evomail for iPad review - a ho-hum option for Gmail users
- knomo iPhone 5 Leather Folio Wristlet review - leather wristlet strap equipped iPhone case
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 review: a Bluetooth and AirPlay wireless speaker
- Hipstamatic Oggl review - iPhone subscription model gives creative access to Hipstamatic's lenses, films
- HyperDrive iUSBport review - access files wirelessly on iPad, iPhone
Although iPhoto for iOS isn't quite as robust as its OS X counterpart, it's a very capable image editor - and it can do a few cool tricks you simply can't do on your Mac.
- How to take notes using CaptureNotes 2
- How to live in the past with Timehop
- How to integrate iPhoto for iOS into your Mac workflow
- Advertorial: Accessories for Travel from Just Mobile
- How to edit photos on the iPad using Snapseed
- How to create online tutorials using Snapguide
- How to use Flickr
- How to make instant music using Figure
- How to sync your iPad using iCloud
- ADVERTORIAL FEATURE: Weather Pro for iPhone & iPad