- What's the best Mac movie editor for simple projects?
Seeking a simple movie editor? Try QuickTime Pro 7
- Podcast: Creative Cloud and iPhoto improvements
Talking the hot creative issues
- Best Mac for making music
Which Mac should you buy to record and make your own music?
- Adobe reassures channel and retailers about Creative Cloud
Adobe has assured its swing to the Cloud won’t impact its channel or retail relationships.
- Interview: Adobe's David Wadhwani discusses future plans for Creative Cloud
Wadhwani discusses the move to the subscription-only Creative Cloud, security, piracy, hardware ventures
- Dreamweaver CC & Flash Pro CC preview
We also check out Edge Animate CC and Edge/Reflow Preview 3.
- After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC preview
Plus we get the skinny on Audition CC, Prelude CC, SpeedGrade CC and Story Plus.
- Illustrator CC & InDesign CC preview
Plus we look at the new Muse web design tool for designers used to InDesign, and a new Kuler app.
- Photoshop CC preview
It's not Photoshop CS7, it's Photoshop CC – and it's out June 17.
- Adobe previews Projects Mighty and Napoleon, a digital pen and ruler for the iPad & iPhone
Adobe has showed off some of its early ideas for hardware linked to some unreleased iPad and iPhone apps.
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
The Mac, and now the iPad, have kept Apple at the cutting edge of creative technology and ensured their popularity as creative tools for designers, musicians and film-makers worldwide.
Why Adobe's move to a subscription service provoked such strong reactions, what the underlying reasons for the move are – and how to decide if you should move to Creative Cloud.
A simple, fun image-editing program at a very competitive price
- TiltShift review - Turn your landscape photos into a toy village
- Splash Colors FX review - Cheap and easy to use colour effects app
- Autodesk Maya 2014 review: Killer new features?
- Wacom Cintiq 13HD review: Great drawing experience and brilliant screen
- Portrait Professional 11 review: Tidy up portraits quickly and easily
- MODO 701 review: next generation 3D content creation
- Art Rage 4 review: Bring the power of Corel Painter to your Mac at a fraction of the cost
- Extensis Portfolio Server 11.0.1 review: Manage your digital assets efficiently
- HDR Projects platin review: One of the most comprehensive HDR apps and plug-ins on the market
- FotoMagico 4.2 review: Bring together image stills, video and music to create a compelling slideshow
Remove flaws and shed a few pounds digitally
- How to create a realistic charcoal sketch using Photoshop
- How to make a Podcast using Garageband
- Recreate the undersea world using Photoshop
- How to make a funky poster with Photoshop
- Photoshop tutorial: Master Photoshop CS6.1's new Conditional Actions
- Photoshop tutorial: Add a blur to a video using Photoshop CS6.1
- How to create an oil painting in Photoshop CS6
- Tutorial: How to create alternative designs in the same InDesign document
- Tutorial: How to reuse content from other spreads in InDesign CS6
- Tutorial: How to correct colours easily in Premiere Pro