- Mac Pro 2013 will be 'something really different' - Apple product manager
'I can't wait to show new Mac Pro off' says Apple manager in call to impatient video maker
- The real reason Adobe ditched Creative Suite for Creative Cloud
Why has Adobe's move to a subscription service provoked such strong reactions?
- What's the best Mac movie editor for simple projects?
Seeking a simple movie editor? Try QuickTime Pro 7
- Podcast: Creative Cloud and iPhoto improvements
Talking the hot creative issues
- Best Mac for making music
Which Mac should you buy to record and make your own music?
- Adobe reassures channel and retailers about Creative Cloud
Adobe has assured its swing to the Cloud won’t impact its channel or retail relationships.
- Interview: Adobe's David Wadhwani discusses future plans for Creative Cloud
Wadhwani discusses the move to the subscription-only Creative Cloud, security, piracy, hardware ventures
- Dreamweaver CC & Flash Pro CC preview
We also check out Edge Animate CC and Edge/Reflow Preview 3.
- After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC preview
Plus we get the skinny on Audition CC, Prelude CC, SpeedGrade CC and Story Plus.
- Illustrator CC & InDesign CC preview
Plus we look at the new Muse web design tool for designers used to InDesign, and a new Kuler app.
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
The Mac, and now the iPad, have kept Apple at the cutting edge of creative technology and ensured their popularity as creative tools for designers, musicians and film-makers worldwide.
Discover the software alternatives when you unplug the Creative Suite drip
A fast and efficient program for organizing and editing RAW photo files
- Lightroom 5 preview - photo editing app now part of the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Epson AcuLaser C3900DN review - Overkill for small businesses but will earn its keep
- Brother HL-3170CDW review - Ideal for those looking to step up from an inkjet printer
- Oki C321dn review - Affordable colour laser printer
- HyperDrive iUSBportCAMERA review - remote control Canon/Nikon DSLR cameras via iPad
- Contour Collage review: Create stylish graphic shapes and text effects from your photos
- Poster review: Post movies and images to websites with ease
- Acorn 4 review: Affordable image editor gains extra power
- Pixelmator 2.2 review - Fun photo editor with features that go beyond the capabilities of iPhoto
- TiltShift review - Turn your landscape photos into a toy village
Recreate a brace of classic film photography effects at the same time
- How to turn a 2D object into a 3D object using Photoshop
- How to clean up a photo using Photoshop
- How to create a realistic charcoal sketch using Photoshop
- How to make a Podcast using Garageband
- Recreate the undersea world using Photoshop
- How to make a funky poster with Photoshop
- Photoshop tutorial: Master Photoshop CS6.1's new Conditional Actions
- Photoshop tutorial: Add a blur to a video using Photoshop CS6.1
- How to create an oil painting in Photoshop CS6
- Tutorial: How to create alternative designs in the same InDesign document