- How to take eye-catching photos in iOS 7
Take amazing photographs with the new iOS 7 Camera app
- Quark releases QuarkXPress 10, now available to buy
QuarkXPress 10 includes Retina display support, Quark's new Xenon Graphics Engine and more than 50 new features and timesavers.
- iPhone 5S new camera features: dual LED flash and amazing HD video editing
Apple’s iSight camera in the iPhone 5S should enable you to take better pictures than ever
- Why Apple co-founder Woz endorsed HP's workstations instead
Steve Wozniak has endorsed HP's new Z-series workstations on the same day that everyone expected Apple to formally launch its new 'bin-shaped' Mac Pro, but didn't. Here's why.
- How to clean up your Mac: 17 ways to revamp and refresh any Mac
Make your Mac, iMac or Mac Pro feel like a new computer
- How to get an education discount from Apple
Students, teachers and lecturers can buy cheap Mac hardware direct from Apple Store for Education
- Best Mac for making music: Which Apple Mac should I buy for editing music?
Which Mac is the best option for making and recording your own music?
- Final Cut Pro X 10.1: the features video pros want
We asked video pros and members of a Facebook group about Final Cut Pro what they want in the next version of FCPX
- It's time Apple made a touchscreen MacBook Air
The idea of a touchscreen Mac appeals on so many levels: will Apple make a touchscreen MacBook and iMac; or is it the iPad Pro the way forward.
- SSD vs hard drives: which is the best storage to have in a Mac
Speed vs space: what’s the fastest and best-value hard drive to buy
>> Mon, 04 Mar 2013
By Simon Jary
Apple is, for the moment at least, no longer selling the Mac Pro in Europe. Is Apple annoyed with us for still buying BlackBerries or siding with Samsung in the courts? No, it’s because an amendment to the IEC 60950-1 regulation increases requirements around electrical port protection and the fan guards in the system.
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013
By Matt Egan
Can Microsoft kill the iPhone? Let me answer that with another question. Why did we stop asking if Google can kill the iPhone? Because it found a niche of its own. For all the lawsuits and talk of thermonuclear war, Apple and Google know that this town is big enough for the both of us.
>> Wed, 09 Jan 2013
By Simon Jary
After an 18-month wait Apple is finally shipping a new range of iMacs, and very nice they are, too. I bought one of the 27-inch iMacs because our home iMac bores the pants off me when it tries to handle a few hungry Adobe programs and bad-boy iPhoto at the same time. See: Apple iMac (27-inch and 21.5-inch) review (Late 2012)
The Mac, and now the iPad, have kept Apple at the cutting edge of creative technology and ensured their popularity as creative tools for designers, musicians and film-makers worldwide.
With QuarkXPress 10, Quark has finally migrated its software to Apple's Cocoa frameworks. The transition to Cocoa meant that Quark has had to rewrite large amounts of this legacy code (a total of half a million lines of code plus a new 350,000 new lines of code).
Asus PQ321QE review - a great purchase for those editing 4K video or needing as much detail as possible.
When you need to see every pixel in a project, it’s time for a 4k monitor
- Samsung S24C650PL review - excellent colour accuracy and consistency, but let down by light leak and inconsistency in luminosity
- Apple iMovie for Mac version 10 review - Powerful and flexible editing app
- Avid Media Composer 7 review - Positive updates and a speedier workflow
- QuarkXPress 10 review - latest update to Quark's layout program for print, digital publications and eBook work
- Glyphs Mini 1.5.1 review - Brings typography to the masses
- Manga Studio 5 EX review - Powerful tool for creating amazing digital art
- Cinema 4D R15 review - Create stunning 3D graphics
- Autodesk Mudbox 2014 review - Create digital sculptures on your desktop
- Extensis Suitcase Fusion 5 review - Take control of your font collection
- Epson Expression Photo XP-850 review - Versatile multi-function photo printer
Create a futuristic image by making sections of face shatter outwards
- How to make your monitor display colours accurately
- >> Learn how to get amazing colours from screen to print (In association with Datacolor)
- Exploring Photoshop CC
- How to create traditional sandwich photo effects using Photoshop
- How to turn a 2D object into a 3D object using Photoshop
- How to clean up a photo using Photoshop
- How to create a realistic charcoal sketch using Photoshop
- How to make a Podcast using Garageband
- Recreate the undersea world using Photoshop
- How to make a funky poster with Photoshop