Apple released two updates for Apple Remote Desktop.
According to Apple, the update addresses, "numerous issues related to overall reliability, usability and compatibility". The update is recommended to all users.
The client update weighs in at just 2.5MB, while the admin version is a 28MB download. Both updates are available through Software Update or for direct download from Apple's website.
Notes accompanying the admin update state the software includes specific fixes for:
- Remote lights out management of Xserve
- Scanning computers on the local network
- Installation of software meta-packages
- Authentication when using directory services
- Execution of AppleScript and Automator workflows
- Compatibility with third party VNC viewers and servers