Adobe is offering three completely free days of intensive InDesign CS information across the UK in November.
The InDesign CS Tour is aimed at creative, production and pre-press professionals considering migrating to InDesign. Adobe staff will be on-hand to offer advice, software demos and to answer questions about the company's desktop publishing product.
The InDesign CS tour will run for three days in three cities:
- Edinburgh, 3rd November 2004, The Thistle Hotel.
- London, 9th November 2004, Novotel London West.
- Manchester, 11th November 2004, Lowry Hotel.
Adobe sees the tour as an opportunity for professional creative and production staff, with three available subject areas being covered during the day, so attendees can sit-in on the thread that most matters to them.
These sessions are:
- Session One: InDesign CS for Quark Xpress users
- Session Two: InDesign CS for customers currently using InDesign 1/1.5/2.0 or PageMaker (morning only)
- Session Three: InDesign CS and Acrobat for production staff and print service providers (afternoon only)
InDesign CS for Quark Xpress users covers a range of topics, including: best practice for document conversion, setting preferences, tools and shortcuts and graphics handling. The company will also show how its Creative Suite products integrate together.
Experts will also focus in migrating between PageMaker to InDesign using the PageMaker plug-in pack.
The third session is aimed at people who work with InDesign files after they are made and before they are finally printed to the page. "It will also be relevant for people responsible for the production of artwork and preparation for final delivery," Adobe said. The session will provide an introduction to Creative Suite and shared Adobe technologies such as type and transparency. There will also be a detailed examination of the features of InDesign CS that are most relevant to production and print service providers.