Apple has cancelled Apple Expo, Paris, in the light of last week's terrorist attacks in the US.

Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO, said: “We’re cancelling Apple Expo in the wake of last week’s devastating and tragic events. We’re sorry to disappoint our users and developers, but their safety is our primary concern. ”

The show was due to take place at the Porte de Versailles, Paris, form September 25 to 30, 2001, and would have included a keynote address by Jobs.

Apple is still expected to attend the
MacExpo 2001 in London. Apple spokesman David Millar said: "Apple's current plan is to be at the show."

The next Expo to feature a keynote address by Steve Jobs will now be the Macworld Expo in San Francisco in January.