Blurb Invites You to a Free Colour Management Webinar
Blurb to host free webinar on colour management and PDF to book workflow for Adobe® InDesign® users
Webinars scheduled for Wednesday 25th August and Thursday 2nd September
23 August 2010 —Blurb®, the creative publishing and marketing platform, will host a free webinar covering the company’s PDF to Book workflow and how to get perfect colour from image capture to the finished book.
The latest in its series of hugely popular free webinars, this session is perfect for a creative pro using Adobe® InDesign® or a photographer/bookmaker extraordinaire looking to learn more about PDF to Book and colour.”
The webinar will cover:
· Camera white balance and profiles using X-Rite’s Color Checker Passport
· Monitor calibration and profiling using X-Rite’s ColorMunki Photo
· Creating and using custom printer profiles
· Soft-proofing in Adobe® Photoshop®
· Converting images to the Blurb CMYK profile
· Setting up InDesign® for Blurb books
· Pre-flight and uploading your PDF book to Blurb
Due to overwhelming demand, Blurb has scheduled additional sessions on this topic, meaning there are now four chances to catch it live:
· Wednesday, August 25, 1:00 p.m. EDT (10 a.m. PDT / 6 p.m. GMT)
· Wednesday, August 25, 3:00 p.m. EDT (12 p.m. PDT / 8 p.m. GMT)
· Thursday, September 2, 1:00 p.m. EDT (10: 00 a.m. PDT/ 6 p.m. GMT)
· Thursday, September 2, 3:00 p.m. EDT (12 p.m. PDT / 8 p.m. GMT)
Registration is easy, simply follow one of the above links for a preferred date or see more at the Blurberati blog. If you can’t make any of the above sessions, Blurb will post a video of the webinar to its Events page a week or so after the September 2 sessions take place. Look out for updates via the blog.
Blurb® is a creative publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, market and sell professional-quality books, using Blurb’s free, award-winning Blurb BookSmart® software. Blurb’s bookstore and online marketing tools enable customers to market and sell their books, and keep 100% of their profit. Blurb’s social and community features allow customers to create and share Blurb books among friends and colleagues with ease.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. In 2009, Blurb shipped over 1.2 million books to more than 60 countries and generated over $45 million in revenue. Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London. For more info, visit http://www.blurb.com.