New Xcode Projects - Easily Publish a Children's Book on the App Store - Published on 08/23/10
UK based independent developer Chris Mayer today announced an updated range of complete Xcode projects for eBook authors. Specifically designed to help authors publish their books on iPhone and iPad devices, these projects are ready-made Apps, just waiting for pages loaded in. A New "Story Book" project is now available, allowing authors of Children's Books to publish their work as iPhone and iPad Apps without the need for any coding.
Chichester, United Kingdom - Independent developer Chris Mayer today announced an updated range of complete Xcode projects for eBook authors. A Selection of projects are available for both iPhone and iPad at incredibly affordable prices. The 'Books' category is the fastest growing sector of the App Store. The iPhone and iPad have revolutionised the way people read. No longer are people carrying a book with them - they instead carry a whole library in their pockets.
The 'Story Book App' is the simplest way to publish a children's book on the App Store. Supporting both iPhone and iPad and available from $18 USD, this app is a ready-made template, just waiting for pages to be loaded in JPEG format. Using this project, no coding is required to publish a book on the App Store.
* Loads pages from image files
* Simply save your pages as .jpg files and the Story Book App will display them in sequence. (page1,jpg, page2.jpg, page3.jpg, etc)
* Swipe between pages
* Animated page transitions
* Supports an unlimited number of pages
* Example book included
* Supports optional sound effect (pageturn.mp3) to play during page transitions
Also available is the 'Advanced Book App' - Specifically designed to help authors publish their books on iPhone and iPad devices, these projects are ready-made Apps, just waiting for content to be loaded in the form of HTML files. Anyone who can edit a HTML document can publish a book on iPhone or iPad. Pages can be created in any HTML editor such as Dreamweaver, and may use a variety of fonts and styles, as well as images within the pages.
* Supports standard HTML format pages, create using any popular webpage editor
* Include a variety of fonts and styles, and show images within your pages
* Saves progress through the book
* Flip pages forwards and backwards with the swipe of a finger
* 'Credits / How To Use' screen - accessable from an info button on the launch screen
* Support for iPhone 4 Retina Display
* Heavily commented code - see exactly how it all works
Pricing and Availability:
These complete Xcode Projects are made available to download for between $18 - $37 (USD). Videos and PDF guides are available on Chris Mayer's Website.
Book App Xcode Projects: http://www.chrismayerapps.co.uk/buycode/index.html
Video Demo (Advanced): http://www.chrismayerapps.co.uk/buycode/bookmovie.mov
Video Demo (Story Book): http://www.chrismayerapps.co.uk/buycode/sba_video1.mov
Chris Mayer is an iPhone developer based in Chichester, UK. Chris has developed apps in a number of categories, mostly focusing on games, entertainment titles and books. Copyright (C) 2010 Chris Mayer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.