CudaText is a powerful plain text editor, designed for programmers but also very accessible to other users.
The program's tabbed interface enables opening several documents at one time. These are saved and reopened by default, too, so you can close CudaText at any time and carry on where you left off later.
Tabs may be split horizontally or vertically, so for example you're able to open two independently scrolling windows for the same file.
It's also possible to open tabs in groups, allowing you to compare two or more files side by side.
There's support for multiple selections. Select one paragraph, hold down Ctrl as you select a second in some distant part of the document, and you can operate on them both at once.
Versatile case conversion options include UPPER CASE, lower case, Title Case, Sentence case or inverted case.
If you're a developer then you'll appreciate the syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support (autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing), code folding, code tree structure and more.
The program also provides a host of plugins to support features like code snippets, macros, a color picker, and more.
What's new in 22.214.171.124 (see changelog for more)?
+ add: option "key_left_right_wrap_with_carets" (to be like EmEditor with multi-carets)
+ add: option "log_sessions"
* change: file history (caret, bookmarks etc) is now saved to session file *.cuda-session. This makes session files independent from main history.
* change: Ctrl+MouseWheel and commands "current document font size..." change editor's font scale by 10% steps, instead of font-size by 1
+ add: Emmet: expand abbreviation also by Tab-key (Tab-key works as usual if there is no abbreviation)
+ add: Project Manager: sets its current folder as folder of Open/Save-as dialog
+ add: command "current document font size: reset"
+ add: lexer HTML: default extension is now 'html'
+ add: lexer Bash: minor fix
- fix: bad work of HTML auto-completion with '<tag attrib=| >' and '<tag attrib="|" >' (thanks @AleXY)
- fix: bad saving of External Tools plugin hotkeys to keys.json (thanks @AleXY)
- fix: broken highlight of multi-line strings on editing text after them (thanks @AleXY)
- fix: invisible file tab in group-2 on loading session (thanks @kvichans
CudaText is a nicely-designed text editor, immediately accessible as a capable Notepad replacement, but with a pile of developer-oriented extras for those who need them.