When you think of installing a new email client, there aren’t too many options. If you happen to be both a Windows and Mac user, and want to use the same client across both computers, Thunderbird would be your most obvious choice.
Microsoft Outlook and the Mac-based Entourage are obvious options. However, Entourage isn’t the best commercial e-mail client and, to be fair, it isn’t cheap. You have to purchase Mac Office to install it on your computer and most users prefer the free Apple Mail.
Another choice is Postbox. This is a cross-platform commercial email client, based on the Mozilla platform, but with a whole host of new and powerful features that make it worth considering. If you’re used to a tabbed interface in your web browser, then using Postbox will be a breeze. You can open multiple emails within tabs, rather than separate windows. It separates the components of your email, so you can quickly see the main message, attachments, images, links and contacts associated with the email.
Search for an email within Postbox and you do not have to wait minutes for the result. The search options are presented immediately, much like spotlight in Mac OS X.
Reading emails through Postbox is made easy by the use of threaded discussions, so it will group together emails from various people, around the same topic. You can quickly open the topic and see every response. Ideal for following a conversation.
Postbox 6.1.13 brings these changes (see the changelog for more info):
- We've redesigned the Quick Bar to make it easier to read and use
- The Password field is now hidden in the Account Setup Wizard when Gmail accounts are detected
- Text to Speech on macOS now respects text selection
- Preference for hiding Send button in macOS Touch Bar has been added to Preferences > Display > Advanced
- Added OAuth2 support for Yahoo! accounts
- Disabled Run Filters on Folder commands for Smart/Saved Searches
-Added more debug info within the filter logs
- Single message bodies will now highlight in the Message Pane
- Reverted a thread menu change that caused some functions to disable when in offline mode
This new email client is ideal for both Windows and Mac users who is seeking a powerful system with a range of professional features