Apple launched its latest iPhone 12 range flagship phones at its 'Hi, Speed' Special event on 13 October – a fitting title, given these will be the first iPhones to feature 5G connectivity, the new A14 Bionic processor and Neural Engine, which also appears in the new iPad Air 4 for advanced image processing.
While we've come to expect iPhones in three sizes, this year Apple has introduced four models: the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and a smaller iPhone mini – again, all with 5G support.
The iPhone 12 and 12 mini feature a Ceramic Shield front, glass back, and an aluminium frame, while the top-tier Pro and Pro Max add a textured matte glass on the back and a stainless steel band to the mix.
Design aside, the Pro and Pro Max also feature an extra telephoto lens on the back, along with advanced photo and video capabilities, like AppleRAW support and recording and editing video in Dolby Vision. For everything there is to know about the new iPhone 12 range see this handy explainer. You can also re-watch the Apple Special event again here.
Here we're looking at all the retailers and networks offering the new iPhone 12 and 12 Pro and the best deals around on contract and SIM-free. We're also answering any questions you might have around release dates and pre-orders for the upcoming iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max.
When do the new iPhone 12 phones come out?
While Apple has unveiled four iPhone models, they haven't all gone on sale at the same time. The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available to pre-order on 16 October, with sales beginning 23 October.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max will be available to pre-order from 6 November, with sales beginning 13 November – just a couple of weeks before Black Friday.
We will be updating this article with retailers and availability as soon as the 12 mini and Pro Max go on sale, so stay tuned!
In the meantime here's where you can buy the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, plus any and all deals worth keeping an eye out for. Keep in mind most of these retailers and networks will likely carry the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max once they're available (though they haven't yet confirmed).
Where to buy the iPhone 12 phones - SIM Free
iPhone 12/ 12 Pro SIM-free
- Amazon/Amazon US - iPhone 12 orders from Amazon US with a wireless carrier include an Amazon Gift Card, which receives a US$4.17 balance top-up every month up to $100 over 24 months.
- Carphone Warehouse - up to £400 off when you trade-in
- Currys PC World - 0% financing available, up to £400 off when you trade-in
- John Lewis - Payment Plan available, claim up to £300 when you trade-in
- KRCS - up to £9.98 off (stock is very limited)
- Best Buy (US)
- Walmart (US) - up to $130 off with financing
- Target (US) - Up to $800 off when you trade-in to a new line or upgrade on select unlimited plans with AT&T
Where to buy the iPhone 12 phones - on contract
Use our automatic deals finder below to see the best deals around or browse by retailers and networks below. We're highlighting any special available offers below, such as Virgin's free AirPods Pro bundle.
iPhone 12 Pro
As of now, the following UK networks have the iPhone 12 available on contract.
- EE - Best deal: up to £300 off (which removes upfront cost) when you trade-in fully working iPhone XS or XS Max
- O2 - Best deals: Free Disney Plus (or Amazon Prime Video) for 6 months, 20% off AirPods Pro with unlimited plans
- Tesco Mobile Best deal: Double data, 10% off two Tesco shops in-store every month with Clubcard Plus (free for 6 months on select plans)
- Three Best deal: 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans
- Sky Mobile Best deal: Double data on all iPhone 12 plans
- Virgin Best deals: Free Apple AirPods Pro or up to £350 off when you trade-in
- Vodafone Best deals: Up to £21 off monthly plans
The following retailers offer phones on contract from various networks, too, and may have different deals to those you'll find direct from the network:
- Affordable Mobiles - 100GB for £49 per month
- Carphone Warehouse - up to £400 with trade-in
- E2 Save
- Mobiles.co.uk - Free upfront when you trade in your iPhone 11 Pro
- Mobile Phones Direct - Double the data offers
How much do the new iPhone 12 and 12 Pro phones cost?
With four different models, each with different storage configurations, iPhone shoppers can choose from various price points.
iPhone 12: From £799/$799
The standard iPhone offers a 6.1in display and is available in white, black, blue, green, and in the Product(Red) variant.
- 64GB - £799/US$829/AUD$1349
- 128GB - £849/US$879/AUD$1429
- 256GB - £949/US$979/AUD$1599
iPhone 12 Pro: From £999/$999/AUD$1,699
The 12 Pro also features a 6.1in screen like the standard iPhone 12 but has a much brighter display and a third, telephoto lens on the back. The Pro and Pro Max are available in Graphic, Silver, Gold and Pacific Blue.
- 128GB - £999/US$999/AUD$1,699
- 256GB - £1,099/US$1099/AUD$1,869
- 512GB - £1299/$1299/AUD$2,219
iPhone 12 mini: From £699/$729/AUD$1,199 - pre-order from 6 November (7 November in Australia)
The smallest of the iPhone 12 range, the iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4in screen, which is only slightly larger than the iPhone SE (2020), which offers a 4.7in Retina HD display and remains the most affordable new iPhone.
- 64GB - £699/US$729/AUD$1,199
- 128GB - £749/US$779/AUD$1,279
- 256GB - £849/$879/AUD$1,449
iPhone 12 Pro Max: From £1,099/$1,099/AUD$1,699 - pre-order 6 November (7 November in Australia)
- 128GB - £1099/US$1099/AUD$1,849
- 256GB - £1,099/US$1199/AUD$2019
- 512GB - £1299/$1399/AUD$2,369