- > Best iPhone 12 range deals - May 2021 highlights
- > Best iPhone 12 Deals
- > Best iPhone 12 Pro Deals
- > Best iPhone 12 Pro Max deals
- > Best iPhone 12 mini Deals
- > Where to get iPhone 12 range cashback deals
- > Where to get refurbished iPhone 12 deals
- > When did the new iPhone 12 phones release?
- > What's new in the iPhone 12 range?
If you're looking for a deal on the iPhone 12 range phones this month, you've come to the right place.
Here we going through every major retailer as well as contract provider to find you the best deals on the iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max as 12 mini.
Apple just released a purple variant of the iPhone 12 and 12 mini, following the launch announcement made on 20 April, at Apple's Spring Loaded event. Pre-orders began 23 April ahead of the full release on 30 April. See more about where you can buy it below.
Customers can now also order new accessories to coincide with the launch, including a MagSafe leather case or leather sleeve in Deep Violet, or silicone cases in Capri Blue, Pistachio, Cantaloupe, or Amethyst.
We're seeing excellent big data deals from nearly every network – watch out especially for free AirPod bundles from Virgin and Three. Three's plans also include Powerbeat Pro or Beats Flex earphones. Meanwhile, O2 is offering up to six months of Disney+ for free, while Vodafone is offering a full 2-year subscription to Amazon Prime – that is, the entire service, not just Prime video!
As for SIM-free offers, Amazon has up to £100 off iPhone 12 mini on Amazon and £99 off the iPhone 12. Elsewhere there's £75 off the iPhone 12 & 12 mini from John Lewis, Currys PC World, and Very. These are the biggest offers we've seen on these phones since their launch last year.
Here we're looking at the top retailers and networks offering the new iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max and 12 mini on contract and SIM-free at the best prices.
Best iPhone 12 range deals - May 2021 highlights
- Up to £100 off iPhone 12 mini on Amazon, up to £99 off iPhone 12
- Laptops Direct - £90 off iPhone 12 mini
- £75 off iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 mini from Very, Argos, John Lewis, and Amazon
- £75 off iPhone 12/12 mini from Currys PC World - includes up to 5 months of Apple Music, Arcade and News+
- Carphone Warehouse - Free Apple AirPods (2nd gen) with iPhone 12 & Instax Mini Link with iPhone 12 mini
- Carphone Warehouse - Free Apple HomePod Mini with iPhone 12 phones
- KRCS - Has up to £14 off iPhone 12 Pro Max
- O2 - 6 months of Disney+ for free, 6 months of Apple Music for free, Up to £350 off with trade-in
- Three - Free AirPods, Powerbeats Pro or Beats Flex
- Virgin - Free AirPods with iPhone 12 and free AirPods Pro with 12 Pro
Best iPhone 12 Deals
How much does the iPhone 12 cost?
The standard iPhone offers a 6.1in display and is available in white, black, blue, green, and in the Product(Red) variant.
- 64GB - £799/US$829/AUD$1349
- 128GB - £849/US$879/AUD$1429
- 256GB - £949/US$979/AUD$1599
Apple announced on 20 April that it will release a purple variant of the iPhone 12. We're separately tracking where you can buy one here.
Best iPhone 12 SIM-free deals
- Amazon/Amazon US - in stock, up to £99 off
- Argos - £75 off all configurations
- Carphone Warehouse - in stock, up to £650 off with old iPhone trade-in
- Currys PC World - in stock, £75 off, up to 5 months of Apple Music, Arcade and New+
- John Lewis - in stock, £75 off iPhone 12 Payment plan available, claim up to £300 when you trade-in
- KRCS - in stock
- Laptops Direct - £80 off iPhone 12 128GB
- Very - in stock, £75 off all configurations
- Best Buy (US) - in stock, from $33.33/mo
- Walmart (US) - in stock, free 2-day delivery, from $28.29/mo
- Target (US) - Up to $700 off when you trade-in to a new line or upgrade on select unlimited plans with AT&T
Three is bundling the iPhone 12 with free pair of AirPods, Powerbeats Pro or Beats Flex earphones, while Virgin's best deals include free Apple AirPods on plans starting from £33 per month (was £37 in April).
Carphone Warehouse has half-price line rentals offers on the first 3 months on select plans (from £19.99/mo), along with plans that bundle free AirPod, HomePod Mini or an Instax mini Link Printer.
- Carphone Warehouse - Best deal: 20GB data for £43 per month, £29.99 upfront with free HomePod mini.
- EE - Best deal: 10GB data for £57 per month, £50 upfront
- O2 - Best deal: Unlimited data for £30 upfront, £49.37 per month with free Disney Plus for 6 months or 12 months of Amazon Prime Video, Audible or Calm
- Tesco Mobile Best deal: 12GB data for £34.49 per month (price of 6GB) with free Tesco Clubcard Plus
- Three Best deal: Free AirPods, Powerbeats Pro, or Beats Flex - plans start at £37 per month, £210 upfront
- Sky Mobile Best deal: 2GB data for £34 per month, no upfront cost
- Virgin Best deals: Free Apple AirPods Pro on plans starting from £33 per month
- Vodafone Best deal: £62 per month, £29 upfront with free Amazon Prime, Spotify or YouTube Premium for 2 years
- Voxi Best deal: £42 per month for 12GB data with unlimited social media and video streaming, no upfront cost (30 months)
Best iPhone 12 Pro Deals
How much does the iPhone 12 Pro cost?
The 12 Pro also features a 6.1in screen like the standard iPhone 12 but has a much brighter display and a third, telephoto lens on the back. The Pro and Pro Max are available in Graphite, Silver, Gold and Pacific Blue.
- 128GB - £999/US$999/AUD$1,699
- 256GB - £1,099/US$1099/AUD$1,869
- 512GB - £1299/$1299/AUD$2,219
iPhone 12 Pro - Best SIM-free deals
You can buy the iPhone 12 Pro directly from Apple but here are all the retailers offering the iPhone 12 Pro right now. Right now, Amazon has £40 off the 512GB option and £17 off the 128GB and 256GB option.
We've also noted any retailers with low or no stock.
- Amazon - up to £40 off; Amazon US - (out of stock) iPhone 12 orders from Amazon US with a wireless carrier include an Amazon Gift Card, which receives a US$4.17 balance top-up every month up to $100 over 24 months.
- Apple - in stock - up to £250 off with trade-in
- Argos - limited stock
- Currys PC World - in stock, includes up to 5 months of Apple Music, Arcade and News+, up to £300 off with old iPhone trade-in, £10 off Belkin Qi wireless charger
- John Lewis - in stock
- Laptops Direct - in stock
- Carphone Warehouse - delayed delivery, free HomePod mini with contract plans
- Studio - in stock
- KRCS - up to £9.98 off
- Best Buy (US)
- Walmart (US)
- Target (US) - Up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line or upgrade to select unlimited plans with AT&T
iPhone 12 Pro - Best contract deals
Three's plans include a free pair of AirPods (wired charging case), Beats Flex, or Powerbeats earphones. Carphone Warehouse is also bundling a free HomePod mini (worth £99) or AirPods with select contract plans.
The following UK networks have the iPhone 12 Pro available on contract. We've highlighted the best offers we're seeing at the moment in the UK:
- Carphone Warehouse -Best deal: 100GB data with free HomePod mini for £55 per month, £79 upfront.
- EE - Best deal: 100GB data for £80 per month, £50 upfront with streaming add-on
- O2 - Best deals: 100GB data for £56.10 per month, £30 upfront - get £360 off with trade-in and free Disney Plus (or Amazon Prime Video) for 6 months
- Three Best deal: Free AirPods, Beat Flex or Powerbeats Pro - bundle plans start at £49 per month, £230 upfront with 4GB data
- Sky Mobile Best deal: £41 per month for 2GB data (reduced from £47), no upfront cost.
- Virgin Best deal: 60GB of data for £48 per month (usual price for 20GB), no upfront cost (36 months)
- Vodafone Best deal: 25GB data for £82 per month, £49 upfront with choice of Amazon Prime, Spotify or YouTube Premium
- Voxi - £50 per month with 12GB data with unlimited social media and video streaming, free next day delivery
- Tesco Mobile - 6GB data (12GB first six months) for £39.99 (36 months) with Tesco Clubcard Plus for free
Best iPhone 12 Pro Max deals
How much does the iPhone 12 Pro Max cost?
- 128GB - £1099/US$1099/AUD$1,849
- 256GB - £1,199/US$1199/AUD$2019
- 512GB - £1399/$1399/AUD$2,369
iPhone 12 Pro Max - Best SIM-free deals
Right now the biggest iPhone 12 Pro Max discount is from Laptops Direct, which has £50 off the 512GB option. We're separately diving into the best iPhone 12 Pro Max offers here - both on contract and SIM-free.
Compare prices from top retailers below:
iPhone 12 Pro Max - Best Contract deals
Below are contract offers from networks that we've handpicked. If you prefer to browse through contracts yourself, use the interactive tool further below:
- Carphone Warehouse - Best deal: Free Apple Homepod Mini, £49.99 upfront, £59.99 per month for 20GB 4G data
- EE - Best deal: 100GB data for £86 per month, £50 upfront, includes 1 Smart Benefit (choice of Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- Fonehouse - Best deal: 100GB data for £55 per month, £134.99 upfront with Three
- O2 - Best deal: £59.10 per month, £30 upfront for 100GB data (was 90GB) over 36 months (£360 off with trade-in, 6 months of Disney+, Amazon Prime or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile - Best Deal: Starts at £45 per month, no upfront cost for 2GB data (higher data allowances available)
- Three - Best Deal: Free AirPods, Beat Flex or Powerbeats Pro - plans start at £56 per month, £99 upfront
- Virgin Mobile - Best Deal: £51 per month, no upfront cost for 30GB data (36 months)
- Vodafone - Best Deal: £83 per month, £29 upfront for 6GB data and choice of Spotify, Amazon Prime Video, or YouTube Premium
- AT&T (US) - Starts at $36.67 per month
Looking for something more specific? Use the tool below to shop for a contract based on your budget:
Best iPhone 12 mini Deals
How much does the iPhone 12 mini cost?
The smallest of the iPhone 12 range, the iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4in screen, which is only slightly larger than the iPhone SE (2020), which offers a 4.7in Retina HD display and remains the most affordable new iPhone.
- 64GB - £699/US$729/AUD$1,199
- 128GB - £749/US$779/AUD$1,279
- 256GB - £849/$879/AUD$1,449
iPhone 12 mini - Best SIM-free deals
We're separately tracking the best iPhone 12 mini deals in this article.
iPhone 12 mini - Best contract deals
- Affordable Mobiles - Best deal: 100GB data for £33 per month, no upfront cost
- Carphone Warehouse -Best deal: Free Instax mini Link Printer or Homepod Mini with select deals - plans start at £29.99 upfront, £32.99 per month for 20GB data
- EE - Best deal: £62 per month, £30 upfront for 10GB data, includes 1 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- O2 - Best deal: £38.95 per month, £30 upfront for 100GB data over 36 months (£360 off with trade-in, and 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile - Best Deal: £27 per month for 2GB data (no upfront cost)
- Three - Best Deal: Free AirPods, Beats Flex, case + screen protector, or Powerbeats Pro
- Virgin Mobile - Best Deal: £36 per month, no upfront cost for 30GB data (was 24GB) with free Airpods
- Vodafone - Best Deal: £54 per month, £299 upfront for 100GB data
- AT&T (US) - Starts at $36.67 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) - Starts at $29.16 per month, upgrade and save up to $412
Where to get iPhone 12 range cashback deals
The following retailers offer phones on contract from various networks and may have different deals to those you'll find direct from the network. Many of these sites also offer cashback plans, if you want to save more in the long term.
- Affordable Mobiles
- Carphone Warehouse
- E2 Save
- Mobile Phones Direct
- Fonehouse - up to £384 cashback
See our full guide to cashback deals on our sister site Tech Advisor.
Where to get refurbished iPhone 12 deals
If you haven't already, you may want to consider buying a refurbished iPhone 12 to save money (and the environment). Refurbished devices are thoroughly tested and repaired to work and look just like new. In some cases, you might see some signs of wear – like scuffs or scratches – but most retailers will indicate the condition of the device before you buy it. Typically, you'll see A, B, and C grades, with A-grade devices showing no or very, very minimal signs of use and C-grade devices showing obvious signs of wear.
See our full guide to buying refurbished or second-hand iPhones for more on device grades.
The first place to shop for a refurbished iPhone is on the Apple Refurbished Store. Here you're guaranteed that the device will be exactly like a new iPhone out of the box. Rest assured, the Apple Refurbished Store is where you can get the highest quality of refurbished iPhones. However, if you're after the iPhone 12, it's unlikely you'll find it there just yet.
You may want to shop at the following refurbished resellers instead:
When did the new iPhone 12 phones release?
The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available to pre-order on 16 October, and sales began 23 October.
Meanwhile, pre-orders on the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max started 6 November ahead sales beginning 13 November.
What's new in the iPhone 12 range?
Apple launched the iPhone 12 range flagship phones at its 'Hi, Speed' Special event on 13 October – a fitting title, given these will be the first iPhones to feature 5G connectivity, the new A14 Bionic processor and Neural Engine, which also appears in the new iPad Air 4 for advanced image processing.
The iPhone 12 and 12 mini feature a Ceramic Shield front, glass back, and an aluminium frame, while the top-tier Pro and Pro Max add a textured matte glass on the back and a stainless steel band to the mix.
Design aside, the Pro and Pro Max also feature an extra telephoto lens on the back, along with advanced photo and video capabilities, like AppleRAW support and recording and editing video in Dolby Vision. For everything there is to know about the new iPhone 12 range see this handy explainer.
You can also watch the Apple Special event from 2020 again.