It's never been a better time to buy an iPhone 12 mini, the smallest of Apple's 5G iPhone 12 range, which includes the iPhone 12, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. It went on sale alongside the 12 Pro Max on 13 November, 2020.
Although Prime Day is over, you can still save up to £204 on the 12 mini from Amazon – the price outdoes Prime Day discounts. You can find huge discounts from other retailers as well, like £150 off from John Lewis and £120 off from Very.
Here we're rounding up the biggest deals and discounts on the iPhone 12 mini both on contract and SIM-free. So if you're looking to save on the iPhone 12 mini, you've come to the right place.
We're separately covering iPhone 12, 12 Pro and Pro Max deals in this article.
About the iPhone 12 mini
Despite its size, the 12 mini packs power – most notably in the new A14 Bionic processor and Neural Engine, which significantly boosts performance and image processing capabilities.
In his review of the 12 mini, Macworld editor David Price said "The 12 mini is the best of both worlds, combining the all-screen design of recent iPhones with the petite chassis of the older ones. It also happens to be brilliantly featured and specced, with superb cameras and processing power to burn."
As for those cameras? You get dual 12Mp-wide and ultra-wide sensors on the back with 2x optical zoom and a 12Mp front camera. The 12 mini also supports 4K video recording at up to 60fps on both rear and selfie cameras.
The iPhone 12 mini features a Ceramic Shield front, glass back, and an aluminium frame, while the top-tier Pro and Pro Max add a textured matte glass on the back and a stainless steel band to the mix. Don't forget to pick up a protective case for your iPhone 12 – see the best ones here.
How much does the iPhone 12 mini cost?
The smallest of the iPhone 12 range, the iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4in screen, which is only slightly larger than the iPhone SE (2020)'s 4.7in Retina HD display.
- 64GB - £699/US$729/AUD$1,199
- 128GB - £749/US$779/AUD$1,279
- 256GB - £849/$879/AUD$1,449
The iPhone 12 mini's starting price is £300 higher than the SE (2020), which remains the most affordable new iPhone. See the best iPhone SE deals here.
Best iPhone 12 mini SIM-free deals - £204 off!
1. Apple iPhone 12 mini (128GB)
Now: £613.97 (£135.03 off)
An impressive saving on the 128GB version of the iPhone 12 mini.
2. Apple iPhone 12 mini (256GB)
Now: £645 (£204 off)
The 256GB iPhone 12 has £204 off from Amazon, outdoing the £140 discount over Prime Day! Read our guide to the best iPhone 12 deals for more buying advice.
3. Apple iPhone 12 mini (256GB)
From: John Lewis
Now: £699 (£150 off)
The 256GB iPhone 12 also gets £150 off from John Lewis. Read our guide to the best iPhone 12 deals for more buying advice.
4. Apple iPhone 12 mini (64GB)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £599 (£100 off)
Laptops Direct is the only other retailer offering £100 off the iPhone 12 mini. It offers next-day delivery too.
5. Apple iPhone 12 mini (64GB)
Now: £570 (£120 off)
6. Apple iPhone 12 mini, 100GB data & free Nintendo Switch
From: Mobile Phones Direct
Now: £29.99 upfront, £49 per month
Get the iPhone 12 mini and a Nintendo Switch console from Mobile Phones Direct, complete with 100GB of data on Three.
7. Apple iPhone 12 mini with unlimited data
From: Carphone Warehouse
Now: £99 upfront, £35.99 per month (includes free AirPods)
Carphone Warehouse is bundling free AirPods with the iPhone 12 mini on unlimited data.
8. Apple iPhone 12 mini (with 100GB data)
From: Carphone Warehouse
Was: £49.99 upfront
Now: £39.99 per month (includes free Instax mini Link printer)
Carphone Warehouse is also bundling the Instax mini Link printer (worth £109) for free on select iPhone 12 mini plans.
Also see the following retailers if you miss the biggest discounts listed above:
- Apple - Up to £230 off with Apple Trade-In
- Carphone Warehouse - Free AirPods or Instax mini Link printer
- Laptops Direct - £100 off
- KRCS - Has £80 off
- Walmart (US)
- Best Buy (US)
Best iPhone 12 mini offers on contract
- Affordable Mobiles - Best deal: Unlimited data for £35 per month, no upfront cost
- Carphone Warehouse -Best deal: Free Instax mini Link Printer or AirPods with select deals - plans start at £79.99 upfront, £29.99 per month for 50GB data
- EE - Best deal: £56 per month, £10 up front cost for 100GB data, includes 1 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- O2 - Best deal: £38.95 per month, £30 upfront for 100GB data over 36 months (£360 off with trade-in, and 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile - Best Deal: £25 per month for 6GB data (no upfront cost)
- Three - Best Deal: Free AirPods Pro, AirPods, Beats Flex, case + screen protector, or Powerbeats Pro
- Virgin Mobile - Best Deal: £37 per month, no upfront cost for 100GB data with free Airpods, up to £295 off with trade-in
- Vodafone - Best Deal: £50 per month, £19 upfront for 25GB data with free Spotify Premium, YouTube Premium or Amazon Prime + 50% off Apple Watch contract
- AT&T (US) - Starts at $30.56 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) - Starts at $29.16 per month, upgrade and save up to $412
You can also use our tool below to browse through other contract offers based on your budget and ideal data allowance:
Where to get iPhone 12 range cashback deals
The following retailers offer phones on contract from various networks and may have different deals to those you'll find direct from the network. Many of these sites also offer cashback plans, if you want to save more in the long term.
- Affordable Mobiles
- Carphone Warehouse - up to £650 off with trade-in
- E2 Save
- Mobile Phones Direct
- Fonehouse - £204 cashback