If you're looking to pick up a deal on the 9th gen iPad, then you've come to the right place. While you won't find massive discounts on the new device, you can find great deals if you know where to look. We're sorting through all the best places to pick up the new iPad at the best price this holiday season.
Apple's 9th generation iPad went on sale on 24 September a few weeks after the company announced its latest iPad at its 14 September 2021 keynote event (where it also launched the iPhone 13 range, Apple Watch 7, and a new iPad mini 6th gen.)
While the new 9th-gen iPad maintains the 10.2in size, it also adds a few new elements, such as a True Tone display, a new A13 Bionic processor, and twice the storage – though at £10 less in the UK for the entry-level model.
With the A13 chip, the 2021 iPad offers a 20% boost in performance compared to the previous model, along with improved machine learning capabilities, thanks to the Neural Engine. Apple says the device is three times faster than the best-selling Chromebook and six times faster than the best-selling Android tablet.
With a 12MP ultra-wide camera, the 2021 iPad also supports Center Stage, which dynamically pans and anyone in the frame during a video call. The new iPad is also fully compatible with the Apple Pencil (1st gen), Smart Keyboard, and Smart Cover. Read our iPad 10.2in (2021, 9th generation) review.
We're diving into everything you need to know about the iPad 9 in our separate coverage. Here we're looking at everything you need to know about buying the new iPad (9th-gen, 2021), price, retailers and networks and any deals.
If you're after the iPad mini 6 as well (which boasts an A15 Bionic chip) here's where to buy one of those.
Best iPad Christmas deals
- The best deal we can currently see is from KRCS where it's £312.62 (which isn't a big drop from the already low RRP of £319, but it is a discount). Unfortunately, it is out of stock, but you can place an order now and the site will honour the price.
- Another option is to take advantage of Virgin Media's bundle where you can get a 2021 10.2in iPad with a iPhone 13 mini for £40 a month with no upfront costs! Find out more here.
- Virgin also has the iPad (2021) bundle available with the iPhone 12 (from £40/month), iPhone 13 (from £40/month) and iPhone SE (from £29/month)
Where to buy the 10.2in iPad, 9th gen 2021
You can check out the lowest current prices from a range of major retailers in the automated table below. Most resellers are sticking to Apple's very competitive RRP currently. KRCS has been selling the iPad for £312.62, but is out of stock at time of writing. (You can place an order now and the site will honour the price, however.)
The iPad 9 is available to buy directly from Apple, and a number of other major retailers:
Not seeing any 2021 iPad deals that appeal. Check too see if there are any deals on the 2020 iPad 10.2in below:
Where to buy the new 9th gen iPad on contract
If you want to buy the iPad 9 on contract, confirmed networks include:
- EE - From £30.60 per month
- O2 - From £21.50 per month, £20 upfront
- Sky - From £10 per month
- Vodafone - From £32 per month, £20 upfront
US network carriers
How much does the 9th generation iPad (2021) cost?
iPad 9 prices start at £319/US$329, which makes it £10 cheaper than the entry-level iPad 8. It's slightly different for the higher specced models, though, which not only increases in capacity but have a higher price to match.
- 64GB WiFi - £319/US$329/AUD$499/₹30900
- 256GB WiFi - £459/US$479/AUD$729/₹44900
- 64GB WiFi + Cellular - £439/US$459/AUD$699/₹42900
- 256GB WiFi + Cellular - £579/US$609/AUD$729/₹56900