Cyber Monday is here – which means, if you missed out on Black Friday shopping, you still have a chance to pick up a great discount. Sales are still going strong, though some will be ending either tonight at midnight or tomorrow - so if you've been eyeing the iPhone 13, now is the perfect time to pick up the handset and save.
While there aren't any major SIM-free discounts on the handsets given they've just released, there are a few incredible Cyber Monday/Last Chance Black Friday iPhone 13 deals in the contract space.
You can expect discounts on the monthly rates on big data and unlimited data plans along with exciting hardware bundles.
Some top offers on at the moment are from Carphone Warehouse, Three and Virgin all of which are bundling AirPods (the AirPods Pro in the case of Virgin) on select deals. Virgin's even bundling the new 10.2in iPad (2021) with select iPhone 13 plans.
The iPhone 13 range has been on the market for a little over a month now, having released on 24 September. Apple launched the handsets at its 14 September Keynote event, along with a new iPad, iPad mini (6th generation), and Apple Watch Series 7.
Here, we're going through where to buy the iPhone 13 phones, pricing, UK and US retailers, and all major Cyber Monday deals.
If you want to deep dive into deals by handset type, specifically, see our round up of the best iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini Cyber Monday deals.
We also have an entire article dedicated to the best iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max Cyber Monday deals – check it out!
For more buying advice we also have iPhone 13 series: Which new iPhone should you buy?
Where to buy the iPhone 13 phones SIM Free: Best Cyber Monday iPhone 13 SIM-free deals
Apart from going directly to Apple, here are all the retailers currently selling the new iPhone 13 phones:
- Amazon - £4 off
- AO - currently out of stock
- Argos - stock running low
- BT Shop - Claim a free case worth £30
- Currys - £100 off when you bundle SIM
- John Lewis - save up to £300 with trade-in
- KRCS - £8 off
- Laptops Direct
Where to buy the iPhone 13 phones on contract: Best Cyber Monday iPhone 13 contract deals
You can find the iPhone 13 from the majority of UK contract providers.
Three and is bundling a free pair of AirPods 3 (Wired also available, though Pro is currently sold out) on select plans and offering a £100 Amazon voucher if you switch, while Virgin is bundling the latest AirPods 3 with 6 months of Apple Music. You can also get the new iPad 2021 with the iPhone 13 mini from Virgin!
Over at O2 you can get up to 6 months of Disney+ for free or 12 months of another streaming service.
- EE - Save £15/month with iPhone X trade in; Smart Benefit plans include options for two years of Apple TV+
- Vodafone -Get £360 (guaranteed) when you trade-in iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max. Plans start at £29 upfront, £40 per month (iPhone 13 mini)
- O2 - plans start at £36.50 per month, £20 upfront for 3GB data (for iPhone 13 mini) with free Disney+ (1 month), free 3-year warranty with select plans
- Sky Mobile - Plans start at £30 per month, no upfront cost for 2GB data (iPhone 13 mini) - Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal slashes 60GB data plan by 50%
- Three - Get 6 months half price and £100 Amazon Voucher when you switch. Includes plans with free AirPods and AirPods Pro
- Virgin - Free AirPods 3 or new iPad 2021 bundles
It's also worth checking out the following retailers for competitive contract prices and cashback offers:
- Affordable Mobiles - lots of affordable big data plans with no upfront costs!
- Buy Mobiles
- Carphone Warehouse - up to £320 off with trade-in
- Mobile Phones Direct
- T-Mobile/Sprint - trade in and sign up to a Magenta Max plan to get up to $1000 off ($0 for phone upfront) and up to $130 off AirPods
How much do the new iPhone 13 phones cost?
iPhone 13 mini prices
- 128GB: £679/$699/AUD$1,199
- 256GB: £779/$799/AUD$1,369
- 512GB: £979/$999/AUD$1,719
iPhone 13 prices
- 128GB: £779/$799/AUD$1,349
- 256GB: £879/$899/AUD$1,519
- 512GB: £1,079/$1,099/AUD$1,869
The iPhone 13 and 13 mini will be available in pink, blue, Midnight, Starlight (silvery white) and (Product)Red.
iPhone 13 Pro prices
- 128GB: £949/$999/AUD$1,699
- 256GB: £1,049/$1,099/AUD$1,869
- 512GB: £1,249/$1299/AUD$2,219
- 1TB: £1,449/$1,499/AUD$2,569
iPhone 13 Pro Max prices
- 128GB: £1,049/$1,099/AUD$1,849
- 256GB: £1,149/$1,199/AUD$2019
- 512GB: £1,349/$1,399/AUD$2369
- 1TB: £1,549/$1,599/AUD$2,719
The iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max are available in graphite, gold, silver and Sierra Blue. See the best iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max deals in the UK and US.
Are there any iPhone 13 trade-in deals?
There's no denying prices are steep. Thankfully, Apple has trade-in deals to reduce costs.
Apple is offering anywhere from £35/US$110 to £610/$790 off an iPhone 13 handset with trade-in. You can trade in handsets as old as the iPhone 6s. While UK customers can only trade-in iPhone devices only, US customers can trade in Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to Note 20, S8 to S20+, Google Pixel 3a to Pixel 5, and LG G8 ThinQ, LG V40 ThinQ to LGV60 ThinQ 5G phones too.
If you spread the cost of the phone on a monthly basis, Apple will reduce the monthly amount. If you pay in full, Apple will credit your payment method with the trade-in value after they receive your old device. You should receive the iPhone 13 handset within 14 days if your old handset meets all the trade-in conditions.
In the US, Apple also has trade-in offers with network carriers that offer $200 credit. If you opt for AT&T or Verizon, you'll need to trade-in directly via Apple online or in store. If you opt for T-Mobile/Sprint, you'll additionally need to change your plan to Magenta Max with T-Mobile/Sprint. In addition to the $200 from Apple, activating the new handset can shave another $500 off the monthly line rental costs.
Head to Apple US to see its network trade-in deals:
Release date: When do the iPhone 13 phones go on sale?
The iPhone 13 phones are now available to buy as of 24 September:
Unlike last year, Apple isn't staggering the release. Pre-orders across all the handsets began on 17 September, and sales began on Friday 24 September.
What's new in the iPhone 13 phones?
While the 5G handsets look fairly similar to the iPhone 12 range phones, the upgrade ushers in a few key changes.
The iPhone 13 and 13 mini both offer new Super Retina XDR displays that are 28% brighter than the previous generation, achieving a maximum of 1200nits – though Apple manages to make them more power-efficient too.
Under the hood, both phones offer the brand new A15 Bionic chip, moving up from the iPhone 12's A14. The A15 offers a 6-core CPU (2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores) and a 4-core GPU, allowing the phones to operate up to "50% faster than the competition". You can also expect better battery life. (You'll find the A15 on the brand new iPad mini too – here's where you can buy one)
As for cameras, both the iPhone 13 and 13 mini offer better low-light performance with Smart HDR 4 support. There's also a new Photographic Styles feature that lets users save specific photo settings while a new Cinematic Video mode allows users to record with a shallow depth of field in 1080p (30fps quality).
The iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max brings additional features (that is, including the ones the 13 and 13 mini bring to the table). For starters, both offer adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz. New camera lenses also introduce larger aperture sizes, while optical zoom expands up to 6x (up from the iPhone 12's 4x). The 13 Pro and 13 Pro run on the A15 Bionic chip too, but with 5 GPU cores for blazing-fast graphics.
We've only skimmed the iPhone 13 range's specs and features, see our full iPhone 13 range deep dive for everything there is to know about the phones. If you missed Apple's launch event, here's everything that was announced.