Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus saw a price drop following the unveiling of the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max at the September 2019 Apple Event. Apple's discount on the handsets is great news, but should you buy the phones direct from Apple or can you get a better deal elsewhere?
We’ve scoured the web to find the best iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus deals and contracts to help you decide where to buy.
iPhone 8 & 8 Plus best deals
Read on to find out how you can identify the best deals, but here's an overview of the iPhone 8 deals available right now.
In the past we've seen some decent deals, for example, Amazon had the 64GB iPhone 8 for £462.99 last Black Friday. But it returned to the RRP of £479 (and appears to be sold out now!)
With few resellers reducing the price of the handset beyond what Apple sells it for, some of the best deals to be had are from the mobile phone networks.
Here's the best deal we've found for iPhone 8:
- MobilePhonesDirect has this 3 contract for a 64GB iPhone 8, 100GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £19.50 a month. Total cost over two years: £448 (after cashback). Available here
And the best iPhone 8 Plus deal:
- MobilePhonesDirect has this 3 contract for a 64GB iPhone 8 Plus, 100GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £24.50 a month. Total cost over two years: £588 (after cashback). Available here.
Read on for more deals. Also: Make sure you check out our complete round up of the best Apple deals..
How much does the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cost?
The first thing you need to know before you decide to buy is how much the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus should cost. Apple reduced the price of all the iPhone 8 models in September 2019, so we recommend that you keep these new prices in mind when assessing whether the deal you have seen is actually a good deal. Some resellers might quote the old price to make it look like a better discount than it is!
iPhone 8 UK price
The iPhone 8 (reviewed here) is available in two capacities: 64GB and 128GB. There used to be a 256GB model, but this option is now only available at the Apple Refurbished Store (although you might find it available elsewhere).
Below you will find the current Apple pricing for the various configurations of iPhone 8.
|iPhone Model||New Price||Original Price||Total Saving|
|iPhone 8 - 64GB||£479||£599||£120 off|
|iPhone 8 - 128GB (New)||£529||-||-|
|iPhone 8 - 256GB||£539 (refurbished)||£749||£210 off|
iPhone 8 Plus UK price
Like the iPhone 8 model, the iPhone 8 Plus (reviewed here) also saw a discount in September 2019. And as with the iPhone 8, now the 256GB model is only available from the Apple Refurbished Store if you want to buy from Apple directly.
You can compare the original price to the new prices below:
|iPhone Model||New Price||Original Price||Total Saving|
|iPhone 8 Plus - 64GB||£579||£699||£120 off|
|iPhone 8 Plus - 128GB (New)||£629||-||-|
|iPhone 8 Plus - 256GB||£619 (refurbished)||£849||£230 off|
Don't forget to buy a case for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to keep it looking pristine. You can find our pick of the best cases here.
Best iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus contract deals
While it can be cheaper in the long run to buy the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus SIM-free, that's a lot of cash to splash in one go so many will prefer signing up for a contract. We've got the best contract deals to share with you right here.
Best iPhone 8 contracts
Here's are some great deals we're seeing on the iPhone 8 right now:
- MobilePhonesDirect has this O2 contract for a 64GB iPhone 8, 30GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £22.50 a month. Total cost over two years: £540 (after cashback). Available here.
- Mobiles.co.uk has a deal for the 64GB iPhone 8 with 10GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £99 upfront, £24 a month with O2. Total cost over two years: £675.
- Affordable Mobiles has this EE contract for a 64GB iPhone 8, 30GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £25 a month. Total cost over two years: £600 (after cashback). Available here.
- Affordable Mobiles has this 3 contract for a 64GB iPhone 8, 100GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £29 a month. Total cost over two years: £696. Available here.
You can also use the price comparison tool below to find other great deals.
Best iPhone 8 Plus contracts
Next we've got our favourite iPhone 8 Plus contract deals to share with you. We find that many of the networks only seem to offer the iPhone 8, so the iPhone 8 Plus can be hard to come by.
- MobilePhonesDirect has this 3 contract for a 64GB iPhone 8 Plus, 100GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £0 upfront, £26.50 a month. Total cost over two years: £636 (after cashback). Available here.
- AffordableMobiles has this O2 deal for a 64GB iPhone 8 Plus, 60GB Data, unlimited minutes & texts, £0 upfront, £29.25 a month for 24 months (after cashback). Total cost: £702 after cashback.
- At AffordableMobiles you can get this 3 deal for a 64GB iPhone 8 Plus, 100GB Data, unlimited minutes & texts, £0 upfront, £34 a month for 24 months (after cashback). Total cost: £816 after cashback.
Alternatively, use our contract comparison widget below to see the best contract deals available for the iPhone 8 Plus right now.
Best iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus SIM-free deals
Below we'll take a look at the best deals on offer right now. You'll find live pricing comparison tools below that are always up-to-date.
Remember that Apple now sells the iPhone 8 for £479 or £529 and the iPhone 8 Plus for £579 or £629 - if the price isn't much better than that we'd recommend buying direct from Apple.
iPhone 8 SIM-free deals
The most obvious place to buy the iPhone 8 SIM-free is from Apple itself, where it costs £479, although there are plenty of other options too. We've previously seen the 64GB iPhone 8 at Amazon for £459 (£20 off) - although the price has gone back up to £479 now. However, you can still pick up some deals on the iPhone 8.
- Laptops Direct has iPhone 8 for £469 (£10 off) right now!
You may be able to pick up some even better deals on the larger capacity handsets. For example, Amazon did have a 256GB iPhone 8 model for just £566.10, but that's now selling for £749 (note the 128GB model has an RRP of £529 at Apple).
You can use our live pricing tool below to see the best iPhone 8 SIM-free prices from various retailers in the UK right now.
iPhone 8 Plus SIM-free deals
A iPhone 8 Plus is available SIM-free from Apple for £579 (64GB) or £629 (128GB), or you could look to other resellers for deals. The best saving we've found is one whole pence off the RRP of the 64GB iPhone 8 Plus at Amazon where you can get it for £578.99 right now but you'll probably have to act fast to take advantage of this saving (lol). (Note that Amazon is quoting the original price, rather than what Apple sells it for, we assume to make the saving look better!)
As with the iPhone 8, you may be able to save more on the higher capacity handsets.
For example, we have seen the now discontinued iPhone 8 Plus with 256GB storage for £629 on Amazon (original price £849) although it's currently not available.
As with the iPhone 8 above, you can use our pricing comparison tool to see iPhone 8 Plus SIM-free prices too.
Best refurbished iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus deals
Don't forget that you can also save when you buy a refurbished iPhone 8 (or 8 Plus). The Apple Refurbished Store is the first place to check for refurbished stock, especially if you want to buy the 256GB model directly from Apple. Certified refurbished devices are thoroughly examined by Apple experts and guaranteed to work like new.
Amazon has its own refurbished line called Amazon Renew, where you can find discounted refurbished or open-boxed tech ranging from laptops, computers, tablets to cameras, TVs and of course phones. While iPhone 8 devices (or 8 Plus) are not Apple certified refurbished, they are carefully checked by Amazon's technicians and come with a 1-year supplier's warranty. You can pick up a renewed iPhone 8 from £289.98 from Amazon (although we've seen if for as little as £279 there) and iPhone 8 Plus for £325 (this is the lowest price we've seen).
Also see refurbished iPhone deals from mResell below:
Where to buy an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus SIM-free
You can buy the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus from the retailers below:
- Apple Store
- Apple Store (Refurbished)
- Carphone Warehouse
- Currys PC World
- EE (Refurbished)
- Envirofone (Refurbished)
- Mobile Phones Direct
- Tesco Mobile
- Virgin Media
All of these retailers should stock the three main colours - black, silver, and space grey - along with the special edition (PRODUCT)RED version of the phone, which is available in the same prices and capacities, but proceeds go towards the fight against AIDS.
If you're buying the iPhone 8 SIM-free, it's well worth checking out our round-up of the best SIM-only deals over on our sister site Tech Advisor.