Fancy a new Mac mini? You don't have to pay full price! We've scoured the web for the best deals on a Mac mini so you can save money on a new Mac.
When you are looking for a good deal on a new Mac, the first thing to do is to check what the price would be if you bought from Apple, rather than assuming that the reseller selling you a Mac is quoting the correct price. Also, remember that once a new model is launched Apple usually sells it for the same price as the previous generation, so, with the price of a new model in mind, a small discount on an old model may not look so attractive, this is why we always quote the price that Apple sells the equivalent model for today.
It's also worth noting how old a particular model is. It's more than a year since Apple updated the Mac mini, so we could be seeing an update soon, and if new models arrive you might find even better discounts on the older models.
However, we'd advise you avoid doing so right now as the previous range of Mac mini models dates back to 2014. Apple went for a number of years without updating the Mac mini.
Mac mini price
Apple sells two Mac mini models right now, with prices starting at £799/$799.
3.6GHz quad-core 8th-gen i3 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD, £799/US$799
3.0GHz 6-core 8th-gen i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, £1,099/US$1,099
You can order a Mac mini directly from Apple.
The Mac mini is a great choice because it's the cheapest Mac you can get and yet it's also one of the more powerful models. The only thing to bear in mind is that you will need to purchase a separate screen, mouse and keyboard, but perhaps you already have those. With some great discounts available, buying a Mac mini is without a doubt the cheapest way to get a Mac. If you'd like some help to choose the best Mac for you, read our Mac buying guide where we cover all the models.
Carry on reading to see the best deals on a new Mac mini right now.
Best Mac mini deals right now
Here are some of the best deals on the current crop of Mac mini models. You can expect to find great deals on brand-new Macs at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS, while Currys PC World, John Lewis and Laptops Direct have discounts on some of Apple's older models.
Mac mini, 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 128GB
This model usually starts at £799/$799, here are the best deals right now:
Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-Core, 256GB
This model usually starts at £1,099/$1,099, here are the best deals right now:
Best Mac Desktop Deals
In this section you will find some of the best deals we've seen for iMacs as well as the Mac mini and other Mac desktops. We update this list weekly, so it should always be spot on in terms of how much you can save, give or take a few pounds. (Retailers often make small tweaks to the price, so if it's gone up it might be worth waiting a week or so to see if it comes down again.)
1. Apple 27in iMac, 3.7GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 2TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,749.97 (£499.03 off)
This is a great discount on the top-of-the-range 2019 27in iMac with 9th-gen Intel processors, trumping the £270 discount that was available in October.
2. Apple 27in iMac, 3.7GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 2TB Fusion Drive (2019)
From: Currys PC World
Now: £2,049 (£200 off)
Save money on the 2019 iMac with this deal from Currys PC World. It's better than the firm's advertised discount because this is the top-of-the-range £2,249 model.
If stock runs low, an identical deal is offered by Amazon.
3. Apple 27in iMac, 3.8GHz quad-core, 5K Retina Display, 2TB Fusion drive, (2017)
From: John Lewis
Now: £1,799 (£450 off 2017 price)
With this deal you can get money off a 27in Retina 5K iMac - but note, this is the 2017 model, with 7th gen quad-core Kaby Lake chips, running at 3.8GHz, with Radeon Pro 580 graphics. Back when it was on sale it was the top-of-the-range model and cost £2,249 (although right now you'd probably be looking at spending £1,849 on a similarly specced model). John Lewis is currently selling it for £1,799.
4. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.6GHz quad-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Hard Drive (2019) [JL]
From: John Lewis
Now: £1,100 (£149 off)
John Lewis has money off the 2019 3.6GHz quad-core iMac (£1,249 at Apple). This model isn't the cheapest iMac - Apple still sells a 2017 model at the entry-level, but with this price cut this Mac is much better value than the entry-level model.
5. Apple 27in iMac, 3.4GHz quad-core, 5K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion drive (2017)
Now: £1,429.78 (£319.22 off)
Amazon is offering money off 2017's entry-level 27in iMac. This model has a 3.4GHz 6-core processor and the Radeon Pro 570 graphics. It's a great saving for this powerful machine.
6. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.4GHz quad-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2017)
Now: £1,118.76 (£330.24 off 2017 price)
You can save on the original price of this 2017 21.5in iMac at Amazon. This model has a 4K display and a 1TB Fusion Drive which combines an SSD with a hard drive for the best of both worlds. Note that Apple updated the iMac range in March 2019 and this model has been replaced with a new iMac with better specs so the previous price is a little misleading.
Still, considering that Apple is selling the current entry-level iMac for £1,049, despite the fact that it's from 2017 too, this deal is pretty good.
This isn't the best price we've seen for this iMac on Amazon though, at the beginning of November it was £977.97 so it might be worth keeping an eye on it!
7. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,324.08 (£124.92 off)
You can get money off the newest (2019) 3.0GHz 6-core iMac with this Amazon deal. There's also money off the 3.6GHz Core i3 model.
8. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.6GHz quad-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Hard Drive (2019)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £1,139.98 (£109.02 off)
If it's the 2019 3.6GHz quad-core iMac (£1,249 at Apple) you want, then check out Laptops Direct. The discount was more previously though - we've recently seen £288 off. Also note that the saving that Laptops Direct is quoting doesn't align with any Apple's price.
9. Apple 27in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,635 (£114 off)
You can save money on the 27in iMac with 3.0GHz 6-core processor. This is 2019's entry-level 27in model.
10. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019) [Currys]
From: Currys PC World
Now: £1,333 (£100 off)
You can get money off this 2019 top-of-the-range 21.5in iMac with Currys PC World. It's almost identical spec to the entry-level 27in iMac, but way less money!
11. Apple Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-core, 256GB (2018)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £999.97 (£99.03 off)
Laptops Direct is offering the newest 2018 Mac mini (with a 256GB SSD and i5 processor, so not the entry-level model) for under £1,000 - a nice deal. It normally costs £1,099.
12. Apple iMac Pro, 3.2GHz, 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 5K Retina display (late 2016)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £4,499.98 (£399.02 off)
The Mac Pro will come out soon, but the iMac Pro is, for now, still the most powerful iMac. It's also the most expensive - but Laptops Direct is offering money off!
13. Apple Mac mini, 3.6GHz quad-core, 128GB (2018) [Amazon]
Now: £713 (£86 off)
This is a small but decent saving on the price of the 2018 quad-core 3.6GHz Mac mini. (FYI, we've seen this particular model discounted more on Amazon, so it might be worth waiting a week or two for bigger discounts - Amazon and Laptops Direct chase each other's prices on this one.)
14. Apple Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-core, 128GB (2018) [KRCS]
Now: £1,033.06 (£66 off)
Apple Premium Reseller KRCS is offering discounts on all 2018 Mac mini models. This one isn't the base model, but it's one of the best all-rounders available with a 6-core processor and a storage bump (see our Mac mini review for more info). You can also spread the cost with 10 months interest free credit on Macs over £1,000.
15. Apple iMac Pro, 3.2GHz, 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 5K Retina display (late 2016)
Now: £4,605.06 (£293.94 off)
The iMac Pro is still the most powerful iMac ever (at least until Apple updates the Mac Pro) and KRCS is offering almost £300 off. You can also spread the cost with 10 months interest-free credit on Mac's over £1,000. Check out our iMac Pro review.
16. Apple Refurbished Mac Store (Discounted iMacs, MacBooks and more)
Now: Up to £300 off
You can get a Mac from Apple at much lower prices if you buy from the Refurbished Store. Apple will have thoroughly tested the model and will offer you a full warranty so it can be a great way to get a good deal. Find out more about Refurbished Macs here.
17. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,349 (£100 off)
You can save some money on the new 2019 21.5in iMac with 6-core processor at Scan.
18. Apple 21.5in iMac, 2.3GHz dual-core, 1TB HD (2017) [Amazon]
Now: £950 (£99 off)
Get the entry-level iMac for less than £1,000 with this Amazon deal (which is about £20 better than it was at the start of May 2019). But remember, this model lacks a Retina display and hasn't been updated since 2017 - and if you look for a discount on a different model from the 2017 iMac range you will be getting a much better deal.
19. Apple 21.5in iMac, 2.3GHz dual-core, 1TB HD (2017) [KRCS]
Now: £986.06 (£62.94 off)
With this discount you can get an iMac for less than £1,000. Although this is the non-Retina display iMac, with a dual-processor, and it hasn't been updated since 2017, so it's not the most powerful of iMacs, you could probably find a better iMac without paying much more.
Where to get Mac mini deals
Resellers are always offering discounts on the different Mac models. You may find deals on the following sites:
- If you want to buy your Mac directly from Apple view the Mac mini in the Apple Store
- Alternatively, if you want a discount and don't mind if it's an older model view the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store
- If you are a student or a teacher you can save money! View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- Apple has a number of Apple Premium Resellers and Apple Authorized Resellers who stock Macs, for example you can view the Mac mini at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS
- Another option is Amazon, where we often see money off. View the Mac mini at Amazon
- You can also buy a Mac mini at AO. View the Mac mini AO.com
- Ebuyer also sells the Mac mini. View the Mac mini at Ebuyer
- John Lewis often has discounts on new models. View the Mac mini at John Lewis
- Currys PC World also regularly offers discounts. View the Mac mini at Currys PC World
- Want to buy a Mac mini from Apple? View the Mac mini in the Apple Store.
- Save money on a refurbished Mac mini. View the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store.
- Get your education discount: View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- View the Mac mini at Amazon where we often see discounts.
- View the Mac mini at Adorama
- View the Mac mini at B&H Photo
- View the Mac mini at Best Buy
Sometimes Amazon offers Lightning deals on Macs. If you've found that you're missing out on Amazon's Lightning deals, which run for just a few hours and offer limited stock, we'd recommend signing up for Amazon's 30 day free trial of Prime, which will get you access to deals 30 minutes before everyone else. Plus, you'll get free next-day delivery with the Prime trial, as well as access to Prime Instant Video and more. Sign up for Prime now to take advantage.