If you want a new Mac mini but you don't want to pay full price you've come to the right place: we've scoured the web for the best deals on a Mac mini so you can save money on a new Mac.
And, with Apple having doubled the storage inside the Mac mini in March 2020, we're expecting to see some attractive discounts on the older 2018 models - which are identical to the 2020 models in every other way.
The most important thing to keep in mind when looking for a deal on a new Mac is the price that Apple is selling that model (or the equivalent model) for now. Once a new model is launched Apple usually sells it for the same price as the previous generation, so, with the price of a new model in mind, a small discount on an old model may not look so attractive. You might see a 2018 Mac mini discounted by £50, but that extra £50 could get you double the storage, so it's important to be informed.
This is why we always quote the price that Apple sells the equivalent model for today - and try to be clear about exactly which Mac mini model is being discounted in the deal.
There is some Mac-related news you should be aware of: Apple has announced that it is starting transitioning from Intel processors in its Macs to its own Apple Silicon chips. The first Apple Silicon-powered Macs are scheduled to arrive before the end of 2020, and we anticipate these being consumer Macs such as the MacBook Air, Mac mini and the smaller iMac. In fact there is already an Apple Silicon Mac mini right now but that model is just for developers to use for testing.
This all means you need to consider whether to wait for the new Apple Silicon Macs or go ahead and update your Mac now. This article might help: Should I buy an Intel Mac?
Read on to find out how to get a good discount on a Mac mini.
Best Mac mini deals right now
Here are the best deals we are seeing currently. We expect to see the prices get more competitive as companies clear out old stock now that the 2020 Mac mini has arrived (even though the only difference is that Apple has doubled the storage options).
Right now we have seen the following deals on the Mac mini worth highlighting:
- The 2020 3.6GHz quad-core Mac mini (256GB) for £749 (£50 off) at Amazon here.
- The 2020 3.0GHz six-core Mac mini (512GB), normally £1,099, is £1,019.52 at Amazon here.
Make sure you check out our complete round up of the best Apple deals we've seen.
Mac mini price
As we said above, before judging how good a deal is you need to know the price Apple sells the Mac mini models for right now:
- 3.6GHz quad-core 8th-gen i3 processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, £799/US$799
- 3.0GHz 6-core 8th-gen i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD, £1,099/US$1,099
You can order a Mac mini directly from Apple.
The Mac mini is a great choice because it's the cheapest Mac you can get and yet it's also one of the more powerful Macs. The only thing to bear in mind is that you will need to purchase a separate screen, mouse and keyboard, but perhaps you already have those.
With some great discounts available, buying a Mac mini is without a doubt the cheapest way to get a Mac. If you'd like some help to choose the best Mac for you, read our Mac buying guide where we cover all the models.
Carry on reading to see the best deals on a new Mac mini right now.
Best Mac mini deals right now
Here are some of the best deals on the current crop of Mac mini models and some older ones. You can expect to find great deals on brand-new Macs at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS, while Currys PC World, John Lewis and Laptops Direct have discounts on some of Apple's older models.
Mac mini, 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 256GB (2020)
This model usually starts at £799 / $799 / AU$1,299, here are the best deals right now:
Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-Core, 512GB (2020)
This model usually starts at £1,099 / $1,099 / AU$1,749, here are the best deals right now:
Mac mini, 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 128GB (2018)
This model used to start at £799 / $799 / AU$1,299 and the 2020 model still does - but it has twice the storage. The best deals right now will appear below - but note that if they aren't cheaper than the price that Apple sells the equivalent model for now you shouldn't buy it:
Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-Core, 256GB (2018)
This model used to start at £1,099 / $1,099 / AU$1,749, if there are any good deals right now they will appear below:
Best Mac Desktop Deals
In this section you will find some of the best deals we've seen for iMacs as well as the Mac mini and other Mac desktops. We update this list weekly, so it should always be spot on in terms of how much you can save, give or take a few pounds. (Retailers often make small tweaks to the price, so if it's gone up it might be worth waiting a week or so to see if it comes down again.)
1. Apple 27in iMac, 3.7GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 2TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £2,049 (£200 off)
This is discount on the top-of-the-range 2019 27in iMac with 9th-gen Intel processors, but we have seen a much better deal for this model at Amazon in the past. (Until recently it was £1,949).
2. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.6GHz quad-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Hard Drive (2019)
From: John Lewis
Now: £1,100 (£149 off)
John Lewis has money off the 2019 3.6GHz quad-core iMac (£1,249 at Apple). This model isn't the cheapest iMac - Apple still sells a 2017 model at the entry-level, but with this price cut this Mac is much better value than the entry-level model.
3. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,324 (£125 off)
You can get money off the 2019 3.0GHz 6-core iMac with this Amazon deal.
4. Apple iMac Pro, 3.2GHz, 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 5K Retina display (late 2017)
Now: £4,654.06 (£244.94 off)
KRCS is offering almost £300 off the iMac Pro. You can also spread the cost with 10 months interest-free credit on Mac's over £1,000. Check out our iMac Pro review.
5. Apple 27in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
Now: £1,628.96 (£120.04 off)
You can save money on the 27in iMac with 3.0GHz 6-core processor. This is 2019's entry-level 27in model.
It's also worth tracking Currys as they often match Amazon's prices on this iMac.
6. Apple Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-core, 256GB (2018)
Now: £1,019.52 (£79.48 off)
Amazon is offering discounts on the 2020 Mac mini models. This option has an 6-core processor and 512GB storage (in comparison the equivalent 2018 model only had 256GB storage for the same RRP).
7. Apple Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-core, 512GB (2020)
Now: £1,044.05 (£54.95 off)
KRCS has a discount for the 2020 3.0GHz 6-core Mac mini - that's the top-of-the-range model that now comes with 512GB storage as standard.
Amazon has a similar deal but it's a few pounds more there.
8. Apple Mac mini, 3.6GHz quad-core, 256GB (2020)
Now: £749 (£50 off)
This is a small but decent saving on the price of the 2020 quad-core 3.6GHz Mac mini. This model has double the amount of storage of the 2018 but is identical in every other way.
KRCS also has a deal on this Mac mini but it costs slightly more here.
9. Apple Refurbished Mac Store (Discounted iMacs, MacBooks and more)
Now: Up to £300 off
You can get a Mac from Apple at much lower prices if you buy from the Refurbished Store. Apple will have thoroughly tested the model and will offer you a full warranty so it can be a great way to get a good deal. Find out more about Refurbished Macs here.
10. Apple 21.5in iMac, 2.3GHz dual-core, 1TB HD (2017)
Now: £939 (£111.02 off)
Get the entry-level iMac for less than £1,000 with this Amazon deal. But remember, this model lacks a Retina display and hasn't been updated since 2017 - and if you look for a discount on a different model from the 2017 iMac range you will be getting a much better deal.
Where to get Mac mini deals
Resellers are always offering discounts on the different Mac models. You may find deals on the following sites:
- If you want to buy your Mac directly from Apple view the Mac mini in the Apple Store
- Alternatively, if you want a discount and don't mind if it's an older model view the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store
- If you are a student or a teacher you can save money! View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- Apple has a number of Apple Premium Resellers and Apple Authorized Resellers who stock Macs, for example you can view the Mac mini at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS
- Another option is Amazon, where we often see money off. View the Mac mini at Amazon
- You can also buy a Mac mini at AO. View the Mac mini AO.com
- Ebuyer also sells the Mac mini. View the Mac mini at Ebuyer
- John Lewis often has discounts on new models. View the Mac mini at John Lewis
- Currys PC World also regularly offers discounts. View the Mac mini at Currys PC World
- Want to buy a Mac mini from Apple? View the Mac mini in the Apple Store.
- Save money on a refurbished Mac mini. View the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store.
- Get your education discount: View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- View the Mac mini at Amazon where we often see discounts.
- View the Mac mini at Adorama
- View the Mac mini at B&H Photo
- View the Mac mini at Best Buy
Sometimes Amazon offers Lightning deals on Macs. If you've found that you're missing out on Amazon's Lightning deals, which run for just a few hours and offer limited stock, we'd recommend signing up for Amazon's 30 day free trial of Prime, which will get you access to deals 30 minutes before everyone else. Plus, you'll get free next-day delivery with the Prime trial, as well as access to Prime Instant Video and more. Sign up for Prime now to take advantage.