Fancy a new Mac mini? You don't have to pay full price! We've scoured the web for the best deals on a Mac mini so you can save money on a new Mac.
When you are looking for a good deal on a new Mac, the first thing to do is to check what the price would be if you bought from Apple, rather than assuming that the reseller selling you a Mac is quoting the correct price.
Also, remember that once a new model is launched Apple usually sells it for the same price as the previous generation, so, with the price of a new model in mind, a small discount on an old model may not look so attractive. This is why we always quote the price that Apple sells the equivalent model for today.
It's also worth noting how old a particular model is. It's more than a year since Apple updated the Mac mini, so we could be seeing an update soon, and if new models arrive you might find even better discounts on the older models.
However, we'd advise you avoid doing so right now as the previous range of Mac mini models dates back to 2014. Apple went for a number of years without updating the Mac mini.
Best Mac mini deals right now
If you carry on reading we have some great deals on the Mac mini below, including:
- 3.6GHz quad-core Mac mini for £713 (£86 off) at Amazon here, or at John Lewis here.
- 3.0GHz 6-core Mac mini for £999.97 (£99.03 off) at Laptops Direct here
Make sure you check out our complete round up of the best Apple deals we've seen.
Mac mini price
As we said above, before judging how good a deal is you need to know the price Apple sells the Mac mini models for right now:
- 3.6GHz quad-core 8th-gen i3 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD, £799/US$799
- 3.0GHz 6-core 8th-gen i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, £1,099/US$1,099
You can order a Mac mini directly from Apple.
The Mac mini is a great choice because it's the cheapest Mac you can get and yet it's also one of the more powerful models. The only thing to bear in mind is that you will need to purchase a separate screen, mouse and keyboard, but perhaps you already have those.
With some great discounts available, buying a Mac mini is without a doubt the cheapest way to get a Mac. If you'd like some help to choose the best Mac for you, read our Mac buying guide where we cover all the models.
Carry on reading to see the best deals on a new Mac mini right now.
Best Mac mini deals right now
Here are some of the best deals on the current crop of Mac mini models. You can expect to find great deals on brand-new Macs at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS, while Currys PC World, John Lewis and Laptops Direct have discounts on some of Apple's older models.
Mac mini, 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 128GB
This model usually starts at £799/$799, here are the best deals right now:
Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-Core, 256GB
This model usually starts at £1,099/$1,099, here are the best deals right now:
Best Mac Desktop Deals
In this section you will find some of the best deals we've seen for iMacs as well as the Mac mini and other Mac desktops. We update this list weekly, so it should always be spot on in terms of how much you can save, give or take a few pounds. (Retailers often make small tweaks to the price, so if it's gone up it might be worth waiting a week or so to see if it comes down again.)
1. Apple 27in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £1,579.79 (£169 off)
Get money off the new 2019 27in iMac with Laptops Direct. This is 2019's 3.0GHz six-core model with 1TB Fusion drive that normally costs £1,749.
It's also worth tracking Amazon's offering as they often match Laptop Directs's prices.
2. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.6GHz quad-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Hard Drive (2019)
From: John Lewis
Now: £1,100 (£149 off)
John Lewis has money off the 2019 3.6GHz quad-core iMac (£1,249 at Apple). This model isn't the cheapest iMac - Apple still sells a 2017 model at the entry-level, but with this price cut this Mac is much better value than the entry-level model.
Laptops Direct also discounts this model and sometimes has a bigger discount here (although not right now).
3. Apple 21.5in iMac, 3.0GHz six-core, 4K Retina Display, 1TB Fusion Drive (2019) [Laptops Direct]
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £1,319.97 (£129.03 off)
This is the top of the range 21.5in iMac for 2019 - and you can save a decent amount. Given that the specs of this machine are identical to the entry-level 27in model (which costs £1,749 normally, and sure, has a bigger screen), this is a pretty good deal.
4. Apple 27in iMac, 3.7GHz six-core, 5K Retina Display, 2TB Fusion Drive (2019)
From: Currys PC World
Now: £2,129 (£120 off)
Save money on the 2019 iMac with this deal from Currys PC World. It's better than the firm's advertised discount because this is the top-of-the-range £2,249 model.
5. Apple iMac Pro, 3.2GHz, 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 5K Retina display (late 2017)
Now: £4,605.06 (£293.94 off)
KRCS is offering almost £300 off the iMac Pro. You can also spread the cost with 10 months interest-free credit on Mac's over £1,000. Check out our iMac Pro review.
6. Apple Mac mini, 3.0GHz 6-core, 256GB (2018)
From: Laptops Direct
Now: £999.97 (£99.03 off)
Laptops Direct is offering the newest 2018 Mac mini (with a 256GB SSD and i5 processor, so not the entry-level model) for under £1,000 - a nice deal. It normally costs £1,099.
7. Apple Mac mini, 3.6GHz quad-core, 128GB (2018) [Amazon]
Now: £713 (£86 off)
This is a small but decent saving on the price of the 2018 quad-core 3.6GHz Mac mini. (FYI, we've seen this particular model discounted more on Amazon, so it might be worth waiting a week or two for bigger discounts - Amazon and Laptops Direct chase each other's prices on this one.)
8. Apple Refurbished Mac Store (Discounted iMacs, MacBooks and more)
Now: Up to £300 off
You can get a Mac from Apple at much lower prices if you buy from the Refurbished Store. Apple will have thoroughly tested the model and will offer you a full warranty so it can be a great way to get a good deal. Find out more about Refurbished Macs here.
9. Apple 21.5in iMac, 2.3GHz dual-core, 1TB HD (2017)
Now: £949.98 (£99.02 off)
Get the entry-level iMac for less than £1,000 with this Amazon deal (which is about £20 better than it was at the start of May 2019). But remember, this model lacks a Retina display and hasn't been updated since 2017 - and if you look for a discount on a different model from the 2017 iMac range you will be getting a much better deal.
Where to get Mac mini deals
Resellers are always offering discounts on the different Mac models. You may find deals on the following sites:
- If you want to buy your Mac directly from Apple view the Mac mini in the Apple Store
- Alternatively, if you want a discount and don't mind if it's an older model view the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store
- If you are a student or a teacher you can save money! View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- Apple has a number of Apple Premium Resellers and Apple Authorized Resellers who stock Macs, for example you can view the Mac mini at Apple Premium Reseller KRCS
- Another option is Amazon, where we often see money off. View the Mac mini at Amazon
- You can also buy a Mac mini at AO. View the Mac mini AO.com
- Ebuyer also sells the Mac mini. View the Mac mini at Ebuyer
- John Lewis often has discounts on new models. View the Mac mini at John Lewis
- Currys PC World also regularly offers discounts. View the Mac mini at Currys PC World
- Want to buy a Mac mini from Apple? View the Mac mini in the Apple Store.
- Save money on a refurbished Mac mini. View the Mac mini in the Apple Refurbished Store.
- Get your education discount: View the Mac mini in the Apple Education Store
- View the Mac mini at Amazon where we often see discounts.
- View the Mac mini at Adorama
- View the Mac mini at B&H Photo
- View the Mac mini at Best Buy
Sometimes Amazon offers Lightning deals on Macs. If you've found that you're missing out on Amazon's Lightning deals, which run for just a few hours and offer limited stock, we'd recommend signing up for Amazon's 30 day free trial of Prime, which will get you access to deals 30 minutes before everyone else. Plus, you'll get free next-day delivery with the Prime trial, as well as access to Prime Instant Video and more. Sign up for Prime now to take advantage.