You don’t have to tell the HomePod what to do. You can use the touch controls on top of the device to increase or decrease volume, pause playback, skip to the next track, or play the previous song again.
- Tap on + if you want to increase the volume
- Tap and hold + if you want to increase the volume more
- Tap on - if you want to decrease the volume
- Tap and hold - if you want to decrease the volume more
- Tap the middle of the HomePod to pause the music, and tap again to continue playing
- Double tap in the middle of the HomePod to skip to the next song
- Triple tap the middle of the HomePod to repeat the previous track (this works in playlists and albums)
- Tap and hold the centre of the HomePod to activate Siri
- Tap the middle of the HomePod to stop an alarm
- Tap the green light on top of the HomePod to end a phone call
For more tips on how to use the HomePod, read this.