Have you signed up for a subscription to an iPad or iPhone app or magazine that you now want to cancel? Luckily getting to the subscription section on your iPhone so you can stop paying for an app is really easy. It’s also just as simple to cancel an iCloud storage plan, Apple Music subscription, and subscriptions to Spotify, Netflix, and more. We’ll show you how.
How to stop paying for an app on an iPhone
Have you just noticed payments going out for an app you hardly use, or even worse one you never use! Here's what to do if you want to stop paying for an iPhone or iPad app:
- Start by opening your Settings app on the iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on the Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap on View Apple ID.
- Use Touch ID, Face ID or enter your password.
- Wait while the Apple ID information loads.
- Once in your account page, scroll down and tap Subscriptions.
- You’ll see all current and expired subscriptions here.
- Find the subscription you wish to cancel and tap on it.
- This will take you through to a page where you can see more details about the subscription you currently have, various alternative subscriptions, if they exist, and the option to Cancel Subscription.
- If you want to go ahead and cancel, click on Cancel Subscription.
- The subscription will end at the end of current subscription period - for example, if the subscription renews monthly, then you will still be able to use the service until the day that the subscription would renew.
How to stop paying for a magazine or newspaper subscription
If you want to cancel a subscription to an iPad magazine or newspaper, the process is the same as above.
How to resubscribe to an app
It’s easy to resubscribe should you decide to later on.
- Tap on the app or service you used to subscribe to.
- Choose the subscription package you wish to use.
If you want to cancel your iCloud Storage plan the process is different - we explain How to cancel iCloud storage plan here. We also have details of how to cancel a Netflix subscription if you joined up via iTunes here.