So, you’ve finally decided to make the plunge and upgrade from the free tier of iCloud storage, have you? Or have you bought the 2TB tier and realised it’s more than you need? Don’t worry, as it’s extremely to up- or downgrade the size of your iCloud storage via your iOS device.
- On your iOS device, head to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage
- Under iCloud, tap Manage Storage. Here you will be able to see how much of your storage you are using and make a judgement on whether you should downgrade or upgrade it
- Under Storage Plan tap on Change Storage Plan
- Here you can choose to upgrade your Plan or, if you want to downgrade, to a cheaper option, choose Downgrade Options
- If you want to downgrade you will need to enter your password, then tap on Manage
- Scroll through the available options, and tap on the plan you want to opt for
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Apple ID to verify the purchase – once that’s done, the changes should take effect
If you’ve downgraded, you’ll still have access to the larger storage tier until your next billing cycle. If you are concerned about Apple deleting your data you might be relieved to learn that it will hold 55GB of data on a 50GB plan, but you won’t be able to back up your devices or add any new files until you make space or upgrade.
If you want to cancel any other subscription on the iPhone read this: How to cancel subscriptions on an iPhone.