Respected columnist Andy Ihnatko has compiled a list of new iPhone 5 predictions for the Chicago Sun Times. Andy is known for a keen insight into Apple and technology, so these iPhone 5 rumours and iPhone 5 release date musings are likely to be on the ball.
Andy makes six key predictions for things he's expecting to see from the new iPhone.
1. It will have a real name. Andy predicts that Apple will give it a moniker, such as iPhone 5 rather than the new iPhone. He says this is because "Apple keeps several revisions of hardware in play... they need distinctions".
2. It'll have a larger screen.
3. It will have a smaller dock conector. Andy explains that while some people may be upset at this "Space inside the iPhone is at a super-premium and if Apple can free up several millimeters with a narrower connector, it’s a win."
4. It'll be thinner because "Apple is a glutton for thinness"
5. The camera will be better but not necessarily 10-megapixels.
6. It'll be faster so it can drive the high-def Apple TV.
Andy is more reticent about other features, including LTE. Which he only thinks will happen if Apple can maintain the battery life of the device along with the larger display. And NFC may not happen because Andy doesn't think it's "anywhere near Apple's list of priorities".
It's a good read with some interesting thoughts on the next iPhone 5. Click here to read the article.
Be sure to read our most popular Andy Ihnatko blog ever: Andy Ihnatko - Apple's post-PC world