Bella Corporation has shown an iPad companion app to its KillerKeys software for the first time at the NAB 2012 show in Las Vegas, which provides quick acess to shortcut commands across creative tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Composer, Maya, 3DS Max - plus a trackpad with gesture controls, application launcher, volume and zoom controls as well as a multimedia widget with a jog wheel.
The iPad app connects wirelessly to your desktop computer providing complete control of the computer from the iPad. It uses Bella's KillerKeys software, which needs to be installed on the host computer. It supports more than 100 applications and over 15,000 shortcuts.
Some of the more than 100 applications supported are:
- The entire Adobe Master Collection keyboard shortcuts including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Avid keyboard shortcuts for Media Composer and ProTools
- Autodesk keyboard shortcuts for Maya, 3D Studio Max (3DS Max) as well as AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office shortcuts including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Intuit keyboard shortcuts for Quickbooks, Quicken, Lacerte and Pro Series tax software
- Cloud based applications including keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office 365, Gmail, Twitter, and Zoho Office.
The iPad App for KillerKeys is expected to be available in May of 2012 via the Apple App store for $9.95. KillerKeys is sold as four different Editions: Home & Student, Business, Print & Design and Video & FX, ranging in price from $9.95 - $49.95. There is an all-inclusive Master Collection that saves about 30% compared to purchasing each separately, and sells for $89.95. A Mac edition of KillerKeys is slated for the first half of 2012.