A total of 19.5 million units of the iPhone 11 were sold during the period, roughly the same as the next three entries combined. The second-placed Samsung Galaxy A51 moved 6.8 million units, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 6.6 million and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 6.1 million.
Perhaps the 11's success shouldn't come as a surprise. For one thing Apple has the advantage in these kinds of chart of selling a smaller number of models; but also, the iPhone 11 is a great phone. It's currently the top pick in our guide to the best iPhone.
Apple has a total of four models in the top ten. In addition to iPhone 11 in first place, the iPhone XR is fifth, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is sixth and the iPhone 11 Pro is eighth.
Here, in full, are the ten bestselling mobile phones during the first quarter of the year:
- iPhone 11 (19.5 million)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (6.8 million)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (6.6 million)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (6.1 million)
- iPhone XR (4.7 million)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (4.2 million)
- Samsung Galaxy A10S (3.9 million)
- iPhone 11 Pro (3.8 million)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (3.5 million)
- Samsung Galaxy A30S (3.4 million)
This article originally appeared on MacWorld Sweden. Translation by David Price.