Apple has released a 129.5MB update to its Aperture application, raising the software to version 1.5.3.
The mammoth download is available using Mac OS X's Software Update feature and also for direct download from Apple's Support website.
Apple describes the software upgrade as addressing reliability and performance improvements in a number of areas, including: generation of thumbnails for adjusted images; entering and exiting Full Screen mode and restoring from a vault.
Specific fixes (again, according to Apple), include:
- Previews now update properly when images are sent to an external editor;
- Leaf Aptus 22 and Aptus 75 images are now imported with the correct orientation;
- When folders are imported as projects, the folder structure is now correctly preserved when identically named subfolders are included in the hierarchy;
- Reconnecting referenced images that have been externally edited now works more reliably;
- Setting the ColorSync profile in the Aperture Print dialog now correctly suppresses colour management settings in the Mac OS X Print dialogue box.