Apple has released its Mac OS X 10.4.2 update for its server systems.
Mac OS X Server 10.4.2. Two versions of the installer (standard and Combo installs) are available from Apple as standalone updates.
Mac OS X Server 10.4.2 delivers better reliability and compatibility and is recommended for all users.
It includes fixes for:
- File permission inheritance when using AFP network file services;
- Open Directory password and single sign-on authentication services;
- Authentication in Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environments;
- More reliable file system management operations;
- Editing a user’s home directory location using the Workgroup Manager application;
- Compatibility with third party applications and devices;
- Upgrades SpamAssassin and ClamAV to include additional support for TNEF (winmail.dat) files and new detection mechanisms for JPEG-based exploits.
More information is available.