Apple has released a series of updates for Mac OS X 10.4.8, including a wide system update and a security patch.
All updates are available through Software Update, and also for direct download from Apple's support website.
Multiple versions of the OS X 10.4.8 update are available, for Intel and PowerPC Macs, and client and server systems. The company has also released Combo updates which include previous system updates.
The security update is recommended for all users and improves a number of recently identified vulnerabilities.
The Mac OS update improves a host of features, highlights include:
- Better connection to wireless networks using the EAP-FAST protocol
- Apple USB modem reliability improved
- OpenType fonts in Microsoft Word usage improved
- Extended compatibility with third party USB hubs
- Scanner performance improved
- Raw camera support: new cameras added to supported devices
- Performance of the Translation widget
- Broadband network performance improved
- ExpressCard support for MacBook Pros
- Rosetta offers improved ColorSync matching
- iTunes iPod syncing improved
Apple's release notes for the update are available here.