Apple has released updates for QuickTime and Front Row.
The company's QuickTime 7.1 update (49.1MB) is designed for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
It's described as an "important" release that: "Delivers numerous bug fixes, support for iLife '06, and H.264 performance improvements. The update is available in multiple languages: Dutch, German, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Netherlands, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and also Swedish.
Apple has also updated its Front Row Mac media centre software, introducing version 1.2.2 of the application, which ships with the latest Intel-powered Macs.
The software (4MB) integrates a number of bug fixes, including:
- Addresses bugs that prevented song shuffling within playlists;
- Front row no longer says the server was not found when its waiting for a large movie trailer or long shared video to load;
- Corrects bugs that prevented authorized Audible Audiobooks from playing
- Fixes a variety of DVD compatibility issues;
- Purchased movies located in the Movies folder are now correctly recognized
- Includes a variety of fixes for VoiceOver accessibility;
- Fixes a bug that prevented Front Row from reconnecting to shared video libraries after wake from sleep.