Apple has quietly updated its Xserve RAID Admin Tools to version 1.5.1.
The Java-based application is Apple's own powerful remote management tool that makes it simple for system administrators to set up and monitor storage volumes on an Xserve RAID system.
It will log events, manage preferences, and monitor the storage hardware from other computers on the network. Administrators can access all manner of data, including heat and power information concerning their RAID systems.
The update makes the software more reliable and introduces support for the newly revealed 750GB capacity RAID drive modules Apple has also announced.
Additional information regarding the update includes:
- Changes to ‘Host Cache Flushing’ performance setting are properly saved on RAID controller
- Fixed SCSI protocol compatibility issues with Windows OS
- Corrected encoding issue so passwords may now contain any valid Unicode character
- Fixed updating the current session password after password is changed in system settings
- ’IDE Error’ event log message details are now correctly displayed in hexadecimal
- Removed LUN Masking from Advanced panel
- Closed an unused TCP/IP port (192) on the Controller Module
Find out more and download the update here.