PC manufacturer Trigem has denied that it’s daughter company. eMachines has copied Apple’s iMac with the design of its latest computer, according to US reports.

The South Korean company Trigem owns 51 per cent of eMachines, with Korea Data Systems owning the remaining 49 per cent.

Apple filed a lawsuit last week against the Californian firm eMachines, after it launched the translucent blue Windows-based eOne PC. Apple claimed that the design had been copied from the iMac (see Daily News, Apple wages iMac mimics war, August 20).

Trigem stated on Friday that the company expects that the dispute with Apple will be "smoothly solved", according to reports.

"Design concepts in the information technology industry have been open in most areas," the company said in a statement, "We have seriously reviewed the design of Apple’s iMac before launching eOne PCs, and also conducted a legal review before the launch."