MacExpo organisers have begun to reveal more details of what they have planned at this year's biggest UK Mac event.
The show takes place between 26-28 October this year at Olympia's National Hall, London. The organisers promise a full complement of the latest Mac and iPod products will be available to view at the show, which this year fully embraces the digital life.
Interactive "experience zones" will be accessible across the show floor, the organisers said:
- Nike will be running the 'Beat the Pro' competition at its 'Tune your run' zone. Run against top-class athletes while listening to the latest tunes and recording your work-out data with Nike + iPod. Apple CEO Steve Jobs last night revealed that 450,000 Nike + iPod kits have been sold so far.
- Nikon, Sony, Canon and HP are collaborating to put together the Digital Imagery zone offering the opportunity to shoot everything from models to macro, together with free seminars and demonstrations on how to create the perfect picture.
- The 'Music on the Mac Stage' will feature the record producers of stars like Lily Allen and Keisha White, who will offer advice on recording and editing music.
- The 'iPod sound' zone will showcase the ever-expanding range of iPods and accessories and will offer iPod demonstrations to help users use them effectively.
- The 'Games Gallery' will let visitors get hands on with the latest Mac games.
MacExpo marketing chief, Matt Denton, promised: "Mac and iPod lovers can preview a host of new and exciting products at the show, including many UK exclusives, as well as having the chance to see, try and buy."
The show will be open between 10am-6pm on Thursday and Friday, and 10am-5pm on Saturday. Tickets cost £12 on the door but visitors can pre-register online to get their hands on discount tickets.