Adobe Video Solutions Help Higher Education Institutions Develop the Art of Filmmaking
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Adopted by 10 Additional Leading Schools Worldwide and Rapidly Gaining Momentum in Video Industry
London. — Dec. 14, 2010 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that the company is working with leading higher education institutions worldwide to expand their video and film programs to better equip students to learn the art of filmmaking.
Institutions have recently adopted Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5 into their curriculum due to its technical leadership and efficient approach to filmmaking. A few of the institutions include (see full list below):
· University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
· University of Southern California (USC)
· Ball State University
Key innovations and cross-platform performance in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 help address the needs of today’s student filmmaker. These innovations include:
· Multi-core and native 64-bit support
· GPU-acceleration with the new Adobe Mercury Playback Engine
· Native editing of DSLR and file-based media
· Unparalleled integration with other Adobe software such as Adobe After Effects® and Adobe Photoshop® Extended
These features and functionality accelerate workflows from scriptwriting through post-production, dramatically increase productivity, and provide the power to help students craft great stories while creating engaging media for virtually any screen.
Adobe Solutions at Work in Film & Television Programs
· The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television will mark its collaboration with Adobe by expanding the school's interdisciplinary curriculum to include the latest Adobe Creative Suite® Production Premium software in its leading Film and Television programs, including Production, Animation and Digital Media. The expansion will also include the opening of a new Digital Lab for Cinema Media Studies and Research, which will feature Production Premium software as its primary editing platform. In addition, TFT is installing this latest technology in all of its Digital Post Production Student Editing Suites and Post Production Lab for New Media.
· USC’s School of Cinematic Arts has added Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, along with Cineform NEO 3D Plug-In to incorporate stereoscopic editing and playback in the new 3D training and screening facilities. Additionally, they have made a commitment to integrate the use of the professional video suite by Adobe into their non-linear editing labs in multiple programs across the school, including the USC Institute for Multimedia Literacy (IML).
· Ball State University created the Digital Corps, a mix of professionals and students who provide support and training for the University community, to integrate training for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Flash® Professional into the curriculum and help facilitate interdepartmental collaboration.
· An agreement also has been made with California-based Chapman University and Vancouver Film School in Canada to include Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 in the film, television and media arts programs.
· Additionally, AFI Conservatory, a program of the American Film Institute, has been using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 along with Adobe After Effects in its teaching curriculum.
· Outside the United States, many other prestigious institutions have recently started teaching and/or using Adobe Premiere Pro in their film and television programs, including Sheridan College in Canada; Bournemouth University and University College Falmouth in the United Kingdom and Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam University in the Netherlands.
Adobe certification programs take learning a step further by offering faculty and student recognition as technology experts, helping them stand apart from their peers in a competitive job market. Adobe now offers English, French and German versions of the Adobe Certified Associate credential for Adobe Premiere Pro certification.
Elizabeth M. Daley, Dean of the USC School of Cinematic Arts
· “We are proud to continue our dynamic and long-standing relationship with Adobe, a company whose unswerving commitment to innovation gives our students the tools to build new worlds and tell stories that resonate with audiences everywhere.”
Teri Schwartz, Dean of the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
· "At TFT, we are dedicated to developing and training the next generation of outstanding, innovative humanistic storytellers. Keeping pace with explosive technological change, in service of master visual storytelling, is one key to implementing this important strategy. Without question, Adobe is an ideal partner for us in this effort as we have historically used its innovative software in several of our programs. TFT is especially thrilled by this latest alliance as Adobe continues to prove that it understands the forces shaping the film, television and digital entertainment industries for now and the future. The clarity and ease of use of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 gives us a great platform for teaching our students the art of storytelling, which is where it all begins."
Matthijs Clasener, teacher of the Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam University in the Netherlands
· "Adobe has been in our school for as long as I can remember. All different kinds of software from Adobe sum up to a clear and understandable workflow for our students. We are happy to welcome Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 in our Filmmaking and Animation course. And now the Mercury Playback Engine will make things even better and faster.”
Jim Guerard, vice president and general manager for Dynamic Media, Adobe
· “Companies all over the world seek professionals who can create and deliver compelling video, motion graphics, visual effects and interactive experiences to engage their audiences. By integrating Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 into their curriculum, coupled with Adobe certification, these top institutions are producing students ready for careers in any field.“
About Adobe Education
Adobe helps educators prepare students for success by giving them the skills they need to express and share ideas and information in compelling and engaging ways. Adobe solutions inspire the achievement of critical collaboration, creative, and communication skills needed to compete in today’s global workforce.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/uk