VirusBarrier X6 10.6.11 Provides 11 New Features for 2011
Austin, TX – January 11, 2011: Intego, the Mac security specialist, has 11 on the brain. The confluence of 11s in version number, year and day has prompted the company to announce the release of VirusBarrier X6 10.6.11, a major free update to its acclaimed anti-malware and network protection tool. In addition to improving performance and reliability, VirusBarrier X6 adds 11+ new key features, offering enhanced memory management, improved scanning, and detection of additional types of attacks. In addition, VirusBarrier X6 10.6.11 offers a new Mini Scanner, which provides a small, floating orb where users can drag and drop files for instant scans.
VirusBarrier X6's Mini Scanner is green when inactive or during scans, and changes to red when malware is found.
VirusBarrier X6 10.6.11 adds the following features:
* A new Mini Scanner window gives easy access to the program's Orb
* Scan progress is now displayed in VirusBarrier X6's Dock icon
* Network traffic (input and output) can be displayed in the menu bar
* VirusBarrier X6 now scans memory for traces of exploit code
* Improved memory management reduces the amount of memory VirusBarrier X6's real-time scanner uses
* VirusBarrier X6 now detects and blocks SSH attacks
* VirusBarrier X6 can automatically add Apple TVs to its list of Trusted Addresses
* Major improvements to VirusBarrier X6's behavioral analysis allow improved proactive detection of malware
* NetUpdate can now install threat filters in the background, without user intervention
* Users can send multiple files or folders to Intego for analysis via the program's contextual menu
* Full keyboard access is available for all interface elements
* VirusBarrier X6's code is signed for additional security
* Minor bug corrections and performance enhancements
Pricing and Availability:
VirusBarrier X6 10.6.11 is available now. This version is a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X6, and is available for download via NetUpdate, Intego's automatic update tool. For more information, or to download a demo version of VirusBarrier X6, go to http://www.intego.com/virusbarrier/
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macs.
Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan. For further information, please visit www.intego.com.