Realmac Software today announced the immediate availability of RapidWeaver 5: a significant upgrade to the company's critically-acclaimed website creation application. RapidWeaver 5 includes a number of handy new features, UI enhancements and a number of other smaller additions.
Daniel Counsell, Founder and Director of Realmac Software, said: "This latest version of RapidWeaver continues to set the bar for easy website creation. There's a tonne of new features and UI refinements to make building websites as painless as possible".
RapidWeaver 5 now allows users to manage all the resources in their projects (PDFs, images, ZIP files etc) instead of on a per-page basis. The new feature allows users to easily add, link and publish all the resources they need in their site.
The all-new sitemap features allow users to add an HTML sitemap to their project, as well as the auto-generation of an XML sitemap complete with search engine submission when it's updated. As RapidWeaver users tend to work with more than one project at any time, the new Projects window and FTP Bookmarks allow users to easily switch between projects and enter frequently-used publishing credentials when settings up projects to publish.
No RapidWeaver upgrade would be complete without new themes - and RapidWeaver 5 contains a further half-dozen themes from world-renowned designers, now offering over 45 great designs.
## What's new in RapidWeaver 5?
- Site Resources - RapidWeaver 5 has a completely re-written resources system so that users can manage website resources (such as PDFs, images, ZIP files etc) in one place: the project sidebar.
- New sitemap plugin - We now include an HTML sitemap plugin so that users can easily create a sitemap for their projects
- XML sitemap - Separate from the HTML sitemap plugin, RapidWeaver now also generates an XML sitemap that lists every page in a website project, and is submitted to the search engines when a user publishes their site.
- Theme Consolidation - To ensure that users' sites load as quickly as possible, RapidWeaver now consolidate (and optionally compress) the theme a user applies to their project.
- 6 Brand New Themes - RapidWeaver 5 sees 6 more stunning new themes added, designed by world-renowned designers, bringing the total up to 47 included themes.
- FTP Bookmarks - The built-in FTP bookmarks manager makes it easy for users to retrieve their publishing credentials, whilst still having passwords securely stored in the Keychain. Whenever a user configures their publishing details in RW, the Bookmarks are available (for quick use, or creation).
- Projects Window - The new 'Projects' window allows users to easily open their favourite (and most recent) RapidWeaver projects.
- All-new Addons area - With hundreds of Addons available for RapidWeaver, this all-new area helps users find new addons as well as keep their plugins up-to-date with a centralised update-checker.
- Easier integrated website statistic viewing with built-in support for Google Analytics and GoSquared LiveStats. RapidWeaver 5 customers also get ad-free use of the GoSquared LiveStats basic plan.
- Plenty of UI refinements and updates.
## RapidWeaver Information
RapidWeaver is a powerful yet friendly web design application made exclusively for the Mac that allows you to quickly publish beautiful standards-based websites.
## Availability & Pricing
RapidWeaver 5 is priced at $79, whilst users of RapidWeaver 4 or earlier can upgrade for just $39. RapidWeaver 5 is available to download and buy from today in English with French, German, Italian, and Japanese localisations available soon.
Users who purchased RapidWeaver on or after the 1st November 2010 are eligible for a free upgrade to version 5 by contacting Realmac Software.
## System Requirements
RapidWeaver 5 is a Universal Binary, requiring Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard or Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and 70MB hard disk space. A free trial copy of RapidWeaver can can be download from: http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver